Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Kaos Kore map rip (Donkey Kong Country 3)
After TWO MONTHS of inactivity, I'm bumping this to update with a map rip from DKC3's Lost World Krematoa:

This one is a bit big because there are two palettes that the background uses: a normal one, and a red one when the Nautilus surfaces. I went ahead and ripped both palettes. The map actually has a transition effect when it changes palettes, but that would be pretty impossible to rip. You can probably do some sort of code to transition between the two background colors. Gamemaker can probably even do it.

I also ripped what I believe is all the map sprites for this world: the Nautilus, the stone roadblocks, the metal bridge, and even the mask used to partially hide the submarine below water (that's what the blue shape is for). The mask is invisible in the game, but is used to tell the water to overlap part of the submarine.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry for not updating, but I've been really busy with real-world stuff. Admittedly, I've had this ripped for a while, but never had the chance to assemble it into a sheet. I'll do my best at the world map, but it may take some time. Wink
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kaos Kore map rip (Donkey Kong Country 3) - by granville - 11-15-2008, 09:38 PM