Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
It's for all directions, as I said there's no way to automatically separate the directions, so I can't put them on separate lines. Therefore all of the directions are on one.
And yeah as Previous said the BIN file is just a renamed PNG, if you remove the .bin extension you can just view it as normal. But yeah 50MB is hefty.

(08-20-2012, 11:46 AM)Previous Wrote: You can always set a maximum width and break to a new line when it is reached?
I do that with my FE:SD battle animations, when the line reaches 2032 pixels, it jumps to the next line. Of course you should use a larger maximum (like 10000 maybe) :P
Or break after X frames (you could even get X by dividing the number of frames of the animation by four, hoping all directions use the same amount of frames).

With all the previous sheets before doing this, I did make a maximum width, but it was depending on the sheet. I got the area of all the frames put together, got the square root of that, and made that the maximum width, resulting in a square-ish sheet.
As for breaking after X frames by dividing by four, well, there are more than four directions and, uh, I'm not exactly sure how many directions there are. I can probably figure out how many, and all enemies probably have the same number of directions, but the thing is not all animations have directions, as you can see the first Rattle-tail animation (emerge) is only in that one direction. Effects or projectiles such as that rock also count as animations.

So yah, as far as I can see the only option is what I originally did, the square-ish sheets. However if we do settle on that I might need to split up bigger sheets like the Lunkhead and Scumbag, so how should I do that?
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 08-20-2012, 01:50 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM