Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
@TheShyGuy: Well, now that you mention it, the PKG files also gave an XML file for every XNB. That is, if it had Ura_Textures00.xnb and Ura_Textures01.xnb, it also had Ura_Textures00.xml and Ura_Textures01.xml. I had a look at these XMLs at first, but they look like a bit of a jumble to me. I mean they seem to designate frames for specific animations, but the animations are ordered like "UraBossAttack0083", then "UraBossAttack0077" then "UraBossAttack0076" then "UraBossEntrance0004" then "UraBossAttack0080". Doesn't seem awfully organised to me.
However for each of these it specifies a rectangle (x, y, width and height), a "top left" point, an "original size" and a "scale ratio". So it does seem to specify frames well.

Here's the first 1010 lines (out of 8387 lines) of Ura_Textures00.xml, which belongs with the first Ura sheet. I'd paste the entire XML but that surpasses the post limit and cuts it off.

I never really paid attention to these since they didn't seem important and I thought it just held random game-related stuff. However they look more organised than the sheet, and might turn out to actually be in some logical order. I'll try and make a little app soon that can organise the PNG according to the XML and see how it turns out. Luckily I made a palette-changing app not too long ago so I've already got a grip on working with images.

@Carpaccio: Thanks, glad you like them! If the above doesn't work out you can have a shot at organising them if you like.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 08-17-2012, 05:43 AM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM