Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Name Any animal that Pokemon never did.
(08-02-2012, 08:11 AM)Goemar Wrote: I think page 12 is pretty good progress before a derailment. In all honesty Scolipede looks more millipede than centipede to me... and even if you disagree a cartoon looking centipede monster like thing is still pretty close to a millipede

Actually I'm like 99% sure Scolipede is a centipede

The main tip-off is the "tails"

Centipedes have a forked "tail" (their back pair of legs, which sometimes work as a sensing organ) which is absent in millipedes:

[Image: gardncnt.jpg][Image: millipede_redleg_1.jpg]

Also worth noting is Scolipede's dex entries:

Black: "With quick movements, it chases down its foes, attacking relentlessly with its horns until it prevails."

Scolipede has a 112 base stat in speed. I don't know if you've ever seen a house centipede run, but those bitches be FAST. As for millipedes... there's a reason they can curl up into a ball.

White: "Highly aggressive, it uses the claws near its neck to dig into its opponents and poison them."

Millipedes can't bite. They don't have poisonous claws. Their main defense is their ability to secrete poison (which, in some millipedes, is actually a type of cyanide) from their bodies.

Centipedes, however, have modified front legs called "forcipules", used to inject venom into prey.

Finally, the "Scoli" in "Scolipede" most likely comes from the genus of centipedes "Scolopendra", which contains most of the giant tropical species. Scolipede's Japanese name, Pendra, also follows this convention.

[Image: TL1yJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Name Any animal that Pokemon never did. - by megaMasquerain - 08-02-2012, 03:59 PM