Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
A Mario fangame! It's a fangame! With Mario!
(06-25-2012, 06:24 AM)Lexou Duck Wrote: why is falling down to your doom "clearing the game" ??

also the n°1 looks best imo

for the notification, try and find a way to make it so we can clearly see the icon, like maybe putting it on the right, where there isn't a corner eating up the space

1. Well hey, Game Over means the game's over so yeah

2. Thanks, and I quite agree

3. I tried that and it didn't look as good as what I had before, BUT I did do a little editing to come up with this:

[Image: NewAchievement.png]

I think it looks a lot better now, but maybe you have another suggestion?

ALSO general announcement that I'm gonna start working on the Options Menu now, whee hoorah woohoo

[Image: OptionsMenuandClownCar.png]

So Controls is pretty obvious, you'll get to change the game's control scheme. I'm planning on including a couple presets though so hopefully you won't have to unless you WANT to give yourself arthritis. In any case you'll get to change the game's controls. Same thing with Gamepads, a couple presets (though so far I've only an Xbox Controller map, so if you have another with a different map, please, let me know) and then full customization.

For Display, that's going to be something like doubling the size of the screen or the like - the resolution will stay at 400x240 no matter what, you'll just have a bigger window! You'll also have options to turn off the Controller Indicator during gameplay, and probably some HUD options as well (maybe a minimal version of the HUD or different styles like in Kirby 64 - still thinking about what I can do there, though programming additional HUDs honestly won't be too hard).

Sound & Music, you can change the volume of... sounds and music. Welp. I'll probably include a Sound Test for after you clear the game.

And Achievements (yes I know I misspelled it dammit aaaaaaa) is, of course, checking to see what Achievements you've unlocked and getting hints for ones you haven't. Wowee! I've written a (oddly lengthy) list of Achievements that I'll cut down and implement after I'm done with this Options Menu.

After that it's back to working on Boost Mario. So about him:

[Image: BoustinMartyo.png]
No I didn't really try

This is how I'm planning him (kind of, read on for why). Use him to break through Brick Blocks, and has a distinct advantage in skydiving. Can't break blocks below him, that's a job for Metal Mario, and can't boost or use pipes underwater like everyone but Metal Mario. Each powerup is supposed to have their own unique situations where they're most useful or most useless, so that it encourages picking the right one for the job than just "welp time to tanooki around" like in other Mario games

On the far right are "ricochet" ideas. Like, if you hit a wall while Boosting you'll bounce off at a 90-degree angle. The bottom one is an idea for making it more like a Wall Jump where if you time your button presses right you can bounce higher than normal but I'm afraid that

A) This'll make the powerup needlessly complex
B) I'll completely neglect to make puzzles based on it

and then I realized that you ALREADY use Boost Jumps to reach higher areas so making it so that you need to reach even more higher areas is kind of

redundant

So no ricocheting.
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FANGAME][IN-DEV] A Mario fangame! It's a fangame! With Mario! - by Zero Kirby - 06-30-2012, 06:06 PM