Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C+C request, sprite sheet of my persona.
These people may be painfully blunt at times, but in all honesty they mean perfectly well.

Anyway, art is NOT about impatience and getting better in a day. It can take up to years. Like, how people were saying that a few frames took them a matter of days; I know that the idle Snivy GIF I have, for instance, took me a few days to get totally right. Even now, I still think that there could be some improvements.

You need to have a good perception of how things move and such. Hell, when you're not sure, you know what you do? Study. Study. Study. And then practice, practice, practice. That goes for anything. And when you're not sure, ask questions! We're more than glad to help you.

I feel impatient with myself in the presence of greatness, too. I think we all do in a sense; however, learn to channel that into just self-motivation and artistic inspiration. It's similar to learning how to channel jealousy into admiration.

And if you want to improve, you need to have a good degree of seriousness toward what it is you're striving for. Also, don't get too ahead of yourself, either. You need to practice the first thing that's out of your reach before you can climb any higher.

You know how long I've been doing this for? About seven years. And I still have SO much room to improve. That's the beauty of being an artist.
I sucked pretty badly when I started, but so did a lot of us.

Also, don't use age as a handicap or excuse; instead, use years of experience, if anything. Although I don't advise going overboard on excuses. Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at where the other person is coming from...and try to see where you slipped up at. If you can't see anything, then that's okay! Tell the person that, but give some good reasoning. Not everyone who gives you critique knows what they're talking about; and what I mean by that is that they could be mistaken with some things....like how Elk was just now mistaken about the color palette! No offense intended or anything, though, Elk. I have confidence that you do know what you're talking about like 99% of the time or so.
But I digress. Just don't use that as a crutch, either. If you just keep your head up, youll start seeing results. Okay?
[Image: BannerMain.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: C+C request, sprite sheet of my persona. - by Speed-X - 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM