Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My introduction / Sample thread
(12-31-2011, 06:10 AM)Previous Wrote: Not that I'd want to smash your feelings, but... Those things there are far from being so great that you'd need to put a watermark all over them to prevent theft. Besides the fact that the file is a jpeg anyways.
See, adding watermarks and saving as JPEG is ju8st ridiculous and it makes it hard to judge a sprite's quality.

That doesn't mean you shlould stop, though. Keep on spriting, post sprites here (without watermarks and as PNG files) and you might get C&C which will help you to improve.

I understand that and I should have known better than to make it a jpg, but im designing these sprites for some underground game and sharing them through their forum. I wouldn't want my work to "accidently" turn up under someone else name, but I guess doing that here was just me being lazy and not wanting to upload another image.

Tell you what, after my next revision I will post them in their original unwatermarked bitmap version Smile

(12-31-2011, 06:10 AM)Altrez Wrote: Welcome to TSR,

Let me just say that saving your work in JPG format pretty much destroys it. You should always save as PNG or BMP.

Take a look at the spriters dictionary here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13868 for good tips.

I'll let somebody more experienced give you actual crit.

That link is very handy! I learned some new things, already!

Coming here, I see, was a good decision Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
My introduction / Sample thread - by Ha5an - 12-31-2011, 05:59 AM
RE: My introduction / Sample thread - by Previous - 12-31-2011, 06:10 AM
RE: My introduction / Sample thread - by Ha5an - 12-31-2011, 06:33 AM
RE: My introduction / Sample thread - by Altrez - 12-31-2011, 06:10 AM
RE: My introduction / Sample thread - by Ha5an - 12-31-2011, 05:34 PM
RE: My introduction / Sample thread - by Gors - 01-02-2012, 05:54 AM