Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites
(08-07-2011, 06:12 PM)CouchTomato Wrote: It's actually a reshade, not just a recolor. If it was a recolor, then yes, it would've taken 15 minutes. But since I had to shade as well, it took me a good few hours.
nope, you're the one who said it was a 15 min rushjob.

Also, no offense to the person who made that sprite sheet, but that Wario is pretty ugly.
nope

I never came here saying "OMG NEW WARIO SPRITE SHEET."
nope, you came here asking for feedback on it, and it was delivered

I just said it's a re-color (although I should've said re-shade), so I don't get why you're trying to make it something that it isn't. You don't start bashing an amateur artist for trying some painting for a minor commission and asking for advice -- only to follow up with "Lol go try painting Renaissance. Stop wasting your time."
nope. your "recolored reshading" is bullshit. dont expect anyone on this forum worth its time to not let you know when your work is basically a waste of time. it was explained to you why your sprites lacked the most basic elements in quite a simple way as well.

"Hillariously, none of them match"? Hillariously, you probably need to get your eyes checked. I did mention that my goal was to use classic sprites to fit in with fan games using SMB3 sprites. So of the possible choices, it's not hard to see that the Wario Land 2/3 sprites match the best since they actually have the same perspective and similar levels of detail.
nope, in fact they are not even remotely clsoe to match each other, both in style, color palette, desing and even animation wise. a much more wiser choice would be to actually pay attention to said SMB3 sprites and study how they are designed, and upon said study try to develop your own sprite. as people on mfgg tried to and to an extent accomplished. what you did was nothing but pick the gameboy sprite just because it was "8bit" like any other bum out there trying to justify a poor excuse of recolor

Finally, regarding "And I don't see how someone telling you that re-shades aren't worth the topic = an angsty 15-year old drunk with internet anonymity. Really?" Really? You TOTALLY missed the point. He could've been and probably is completely right about it not being worth the topic here.
yes i am

My point was that he was completely tactless about it. You don't bash someone new to the place and start criticizing their motivations and all... starting with the very first line "sorry to break your bubble, but this is pretty much nothing." Yours wasn't much better either.
your recolored reshaded crap is basically crap. my point still stands

Chris' post was much better and polite, while essentially saying the same message as CO2 and adding some advice.
yet you ignore blatalanty ignored it and still persist that what you did is somewhere near your "goal" of creating one wario sprite based on the desings of smb3

Anyways, I did re-shade it some more and used the SMAS palette based on Chris' sprite.
nope, you just recolored it AGAIN using the colors chris used

I did not stay completely with the SMAS palette and style, only because fan games tend to alter the original sprites as well to make them a little more updated (hence why the MKF Mario has white gloves).
[Image: WarioSpriteSheetSMAS.png]
so you want to create a wario sprite in smb3's visual style, yet you dont want to make it look way too much like smb3 because fan games tend to change it and ignore the original style
basically,
[Image: QVkCd.png].

also, just for the sake of actually explaining how would one study said sprites properly, your very first step would be using some reference material to establish how big wario is compared to mario, and translate this cale to the ingame artwork.

taking this as an example
[Image: MarioBrosVsWarioBros.jpg]
you could dertermine wario is around 1.5 times larger and wider than mario. knowing this, all you have to do is retain wario's traits and features and transfer them to an already existing mario sprite using it as a reference and boom.
[Image: DJCxf.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Mag - 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Cobalt Blue - 08-08-2011, 02:33 AM