Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites
(07-27-2011, 05:35 PM)CouchTomato Wrote: I probably should've mentioned that I literally squeezed this in on a whim before packing to go to med school. So that's why I worked on that because I just had enough time to (it'd be nice if I could do more interesting things though). I intended to do a blend between SMAS and WL4 for coloring, but now that I look at it, I really like how that looks though, so whenever I come around to this again I'll give one of those styles a shot. Thanks! Also, how come the SMAS version you made did not get a pink nose (or blue-rimmed eyes)?
For what it is, it's not worth it. SM:AS is an incredibly lazy (and sloppy, in my opinion) style, in the way that they tampered very little with the original sprite, changing the occasional colour in some places. I didn't put the blue around the eye or the pink of the nose in because it wouldn't be very noticeable. SM:AS relies a lot on unchanged outlines, so I kept the eye's outline as is.
You could compare this sheet of enemies to this one: as I said, very few changes made to the palette apart from shading.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Mag - 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 07-28-2011, 04:20 AM