Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
TUGS \\ Preliminary Round \\ Work In Progress Thread
(07-16-2011, 03:06 PM)Drazelic Wrote: How thoroug will judging be? Will it be a system of scoring on an X out of 10 scale for each category and some obscure algorithm for calculating the final value with clearly defined ranges for this final value to fall into for each of the three skill-levels, or will it just be like "you're expert, that guy over there's intermediate, this guy's a beginner"?
More the latter.
Of course, a contestant won't be in expert if he hasn't done a silhouette, even if his heavy is excellent, for example.
I... hope you see what I mean. xB

(07-16-2011, 03:17 PM)KittenMaster Wrote: Updates to the thread slowed to a halt soon after the sign-up date, leading me to believe that more will happen on the 23rd now that everyone has signed up. It isn't natural to think that I should go check an inactive thread on the off chance that something important has happened in it.

I mean no disrespect to your community at all, but I feel like this is extremely poorly communicated to someone like me that doesn't frequent this forum.
The thread became inactive after I created the TUGS subforum; I gave the dates before it became inactive and they were also in the "Finished Entries" thread.
Before I created the subforum, the "Organizing TUGS" thread had more than daily new posts, including mine, which were relevant to the organization of this event?
I would like to reiterate that the point of TUGS to me is to gather a group of members into a tight community: this is the only time in the year, the exception if you wish, when we all invest our time more or less exclusively and intensively for such an event.
That is how I perceived TUGS. If you had other preoccupations, well... that's life. I had some preoccupations but I managed to fit both in, even if it was with difficulty, and I put my personal projects aside for this. I didn't only have to update the "Organizing TUGS" thread, I had a lot more things on my plate to organize and do, and because of human error, I forgot and didn't update that post.
I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you, and I apologize for this mishap.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: TUGS \\ Preliminary Round \\ Work In Progress Thread - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 07-16-2011, 03:18 PM