Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Pokemon Agate and Opal versions [IDEA]
(05-08-2011, 02:36 PM)Raz Wrote:
(05-08-2011, 02:23 PM)Paleoking Wrote: We have planned it but we need ideas that why in the the name it says idea.
I know what I am doin I have a R4 myself and I know wat roms are.
My friend is helping me out with the technical part of it.

Not to be rude but if you have criticisms then you must know some solutions.

Hey. It sounds like you guys are really passionate about this project, which is good. It always helps.

I think you should listen to what everyone else is saying though. It'll actually be far easier to create a game from scratch than it will be to go and try hack a ROM. Especially a NDS ROM. What I suggest you do is have a look at XNA if you're really serious about doing this. XNA is an addon for Visual Studio which lets you create games for Windows, Xbox360 and Windows phones.

There's a lot of good resources out there to help you learn to get to grips with C# (The programming language XNA uses.) For example there's a book I bought called "XNA 4.0" which give you a lot of in depth information, there's also a website called 3DBuzz which has game design tutorials in loads of languages, and has an awesome 101 class for XNA.

That being said, the reason you're not getting much positive response from the community is because you don't really have anything to show them. I suggest you put something together. A working example, something to get people excited. If you get that you'll get people excited and the response will be a lot more positive.

I really hope you manage to create your game. Good luck.

Oh cool, I recommended RPG maker but this is decent too.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Agate and Opal versions [IDEA] - by Koka_Kola - 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM