The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon Agate and Opal versions [IDEA]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am making two new Pokemon games, they are called Pokemon Agate and Opal versions.
We need ideas for the game.

So far we are goin to base it in greece and we know the enemy teams are going to be called Team Alapha and Team Omega.

We are probaly going to use the tsr pokedex project for our pokemon.

We will make it into a rom and it will be playable by using an emulator.

Ideas

Team Alpha and Team Omega.
Power plant where there is a mutant Pokemon.
Yes, and Team Alpha wants to find the beginning of Pokemon life, and thus not necessarily evil, and Team Omega wants to end all Pokemon life. We also plan for the beginning of the game to start on an island. Your sister/brother (depending on if there are gender options) is your rival, your grandparents might be the Day Care Couple, and your parents might be double Gym Leaders in the final Gym, and there will be the first ever Dark type Gym.

We know the TSR PokeDex Project is nowhere near complete but we're just gathering ideas. This is going to be a great game.
(05-06-2011, 03:47 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and Team Alpha wants to find the beginning of Pokemon life, and thus not necessarily evil, and Team Omega wants to end all Pokemon life. We also plan for the beginning of the game to start on an island. Your sister/brother (depending on if there are gender options) is your rival, your grandparents might be the Day Care Couple, and your parents might be double Gym Leaders in the final Gym, and there will be the first ever Dark type Gym.

We know the TSR PokeDex Project is nowhere near complete but we're just gathering ideas. This is going to be a great game.
And what about my ghost pirate ship idea?

Yeah that too. Also we have originally thought of basing it off the Caribbean Islands (but then we realized that all that Surfing would be annoying), and then America, but we decided on Greece because it has islands too.
(05-06-2011, 03:22 PM)Paleoking Wrote: [ -> ]Team Alapha
:1

(05-06-2011, 03:22 PM)Paleoking Wrote: [ -> ]We are probaly going to use the tsr pokedex project for our pokemon.
I'm sure this isn't going to happen unless you show off a worthwhile engine.
It would be a waste of ideas to pour them into a piece of garbage.

(05-06-2011, 03:22 PM)Paleoking Wrote: [ -> ]We will make it into a rom and it will be playable by using an emulator.
Drop this idea.

It's overly complicated and I really doubt you'd pull of some programming miracles to make this.

Unless you mean rom hack, in which case, whatever.

An .exe/computer program would be more universally welcomed, seeing as it's would allow more memory and features, and is just plain simpler to deal with.

We are planning on hacking a rom then draw the map and the town art. Also the sprites for the pokemon. This will be placed in using a game maker program.
obviously you don't know how a rom works

unless you can find all the tiles, graphics and the codes inside the game, which is compressed in hexadecimal using different methods, modify them to be the new monsters/NPCs/paths/attacks/etc and then place it in a rom in a way it works

I don't exactly how a rom work, but I know some basics and I can guarantee it's not the best decision to do.
We are planning to come up with the ideas first but anyway I thank you for your help Gors
(05-07-2011, 01:12 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]obviously you don't know how a rom works

unless you can find all the tiles, graphics and the codes inside the game, which is compressed in hexadecimal using different methods, modify them to be the new monsters/NPCs/paths/attacks/etc and then place it in a rom in a way it works

I don't exactly how a rom work, but I know some basics and I can guarantee it's not the best decision to do.

Tbh, hacking into a 3rd Gen rom isnt too hard, seeing as their is alot of easy to use tools for replacing sprites, dialogue, and etc
its not going to happen but you're young enough to believe it is.
Opal-ease Metaru, Agate is opening for them to experiment with hacking, you just gotta Greece the wheels a bit
(05-07-2011, 07:19 PM)Saffron Wrote: [ -> ]Opal-ease Metaru, Agate is opening for them to experiment with hacking, you just gotta Greece the wheels a bit

Oh you're so punny.
(05-07-2011, 07:19 PM)Saffron Wrote: [ -> ]Opal-ease Metaru, Agate is opening for them to experiment with hacking, you just gotta Greece the wheels a bit

i hate you so much!
I know it's going to be more complicated than he's expecting. It's not as simple to make a game as it seems. I know I can't do it. He can try to program it when the time comes but if there's a problem somewhere that needs fixing then it might be too difficult or might not even work. Who knows, really.
Anyway lets just focus on getting the game planned first then we can sort out the problems when we come to it
Pages: 1 2 3 4