Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Action RPGs Megathread (Guild Wars 2!)
(04-28-2011, 01:07 PM)Djanjo Wrote: You know how people always say we need more original titles and less sequels there's one series that I feel is being untapped.

Dark Cloud.
I love the thought you have to put into Dark Clouds battle tactics; "Do I fight? This monster for the exp? Do I run away? Do I just hunt the Geo Stones THEN worry about leveling up? Are my items even up to the challenge?"

The coolest part I find is that even though it's an action oriented RPG it has dungeon RPG backdrop meaning you have to go from floor to floor in most places. Some of these locations lead you to caves and soem to beaches, I just love the variety and constant change of setting.

Uhhh this is the exact same thing as in Dark Cloud 2 except when the weapons break they don't disappear forever and it gives you a bit more freedom with building things.

I actually really hated using Ruby as leveling her up is a fucking bitch and aiming her powers is the most asinine thing to attempt to even do. At least with Monica you can decide whether or not use the magic armbands.

Not to mention, the Beach to Cave dungeon is in Dark Cloud 2. I don't think there was a beach one in Dark Cloud 1, Shipwreck would be the closest but that takes place fully on a ship.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Action RPGs Megathread (PSO2 Video!) - by Maxpphire - 04-28-2011, 01:21 PM