Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Kaos Kore map rip (Donkey Kong Country 3)
(09-21-2008, 11:14 AM)Dazz Wrote: Fantastic as ever! Big Grin

Thanks again Dazz! I guess I'm not too shabby at this. I've got one more for today- K3:

This is probably my least impressive, but I still think I covered it ok. That's all I'll do for today. So, my list:

Lake Orangatanga- complete!

Kremwood Forest- complete!

Cotton Top Cove- complete!

Mekanos- complete!

K3- complete!

Razor Ridge- complete!

Kaos Kore- complete!

Kremtoa- not done yet. Shouldn't be too hard but may take longer than anticipated. The map switches palettes you know.

World Map- whew! Not done and will likely be rather difficult. I can rip the bottom half using vSNES, but the top half has some distortion with colors. I'm going to do some splicing to deal with it. Should be one heck of a challenge. I will probably do the water layers in the same way I did Kremwood Forest and K3.

I also plan to rip all the general map objects such as flags and caves. Maybe Kiddy and Dixie too. And lastly, I might do a generic 8-frame water ripple animation without shadows so people can use it to assemble their own maps.

Then, I'll see about some of the maps in DKC2. Most of the maps have no animation, but the World Map, Krazy Kremland, and Lost World all have animation. But those are for later.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kaos Kore map rip (Donkey Kong Country 3) - by granville - 09-21-2008, 11:33 AM