Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
Burger 
I'll get around to the other stages and General Hawk later. Four days of playing this game is enough for me. I need a break from it. No, I didn't play it for four days just to rip the sprites. I played it for four days so I wouldn't suck at it and so I could figure out cheat codes even if I still sucked at it after three days.

And yeah, this game tried to exceed the NES's limitations, but fuck the few haters out there: this game is beautiful. The soundtrack isn't memorable, but the sprites are pretty well done for an NES game. There's quite a bit of flickering but nowhere near as bad as Commando. They could have reduced the flicker in some areas by using background tiles for bosses, but still, when you think about how many sprites are on the screen at any one time, especially in stage 1, it's a beautiful game for its time (1990).

Oh yeah, and for you Brits who like changing names, G.I.Joe is also known as Action Force. But for God's sake don't call it that here.

Side note: I'll get back to organizing Dragon Force in a while. I just want to take a break from it.

[Image: gijtitle.png]

[Image: gijduke.png][Image: gijblizzard.png][Image: gijsnakeyes.png][Image: gijgridiron.png][Image: gijrocknroll.png]

[Image: gijstage1.png]
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero - by TheouAegis - 10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
RE: G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero - by DioShiba - 10-23-2010, 01:00 PM