Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kaos Kore map rip (Donkey Kong Country 3)
I've ripped the overworld map of Kaos Kore from Donkey Kong Country. I'll grant you that it's been ripped already and put on Background HQ, but it looks like this:

http://www.bghq.com/bgs/snes/d/dkc3/a814.png

The one in the game has animated layers. So I ripped all the animated background layers and assembled them into a sprite sheet. So I present my submission of the Kaos Kore map screen with all frames of animation (sprite objects such as flags excluded. I'll rip the map objects later):

EDIT- I just updated this rip to include an extra layer at the bottom left.

Unfortunately, I still consent that it would be difficult to deal with. The ground and water background have some special priority arrangements that allow them to overlap each other in certain places. I'll see about working on that at a later date. I hope to rip as many map screens as possible, but here's the lowdown:

Lake Orangatanga- easy
Kremwood Forest- HARD HARD HARD (the river has a special scrolling code in the game).
Mekanos- easy
Cottontop Cove- easy
K3- HARD (again with the water scrolling)
Razor Ridge- easy
Kaos Kore- already done
Lost World- should be pretty easy.
World Map- challenging to say the least. I plan on doing some splicing and editing.

And I think I'll keep all these rips in one topic this time. I'm pretty sure the moderators don't appreciate my spam. Will update with the others at a later date.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Kaos Kore map rip (Donkey Kong Country 3) - by granville - 09-19-2008, 10:17 AM