Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Official Rock Band (Main Titles/Spin-offs/DLC/Network) Discussion
(09-08-2010, 06:13 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: I really think we should take this debate in a different topic at this point, it's been de-railed enough.

Fair enough, we'll take it here.

(09-08-2010, 06:13 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: I don't know, probably just because the series is nearly identical to guitar hero, and aside from adding in other instruments for the sake of co-op it adds nothing too new into game play.

Yeah, NOW it's nearly identical to Guitar Hero since GH added the other instruments as well. Though now, with the addition of a keyboard and pro-modes, Rock Band has yet again propelled itself miles ahead of the competition.

And the other instruments weren't added for the sake of co-op. They felt it a good idea to add drums and singing because it was meant to emulate the 'band experience'. They most certainly do add something new to gameplay. Playing guitar and playing drums are two completely different experiences; sure, they both involve hitting notes to corresponding gems on-screen, but that doesn't mean they have the same gameplay.

(09-08-2010, 06:13 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: And I don't see what fun it is to play a set of songs the company provides compared to actually trying to come up with music.

Leave the music writing to those who wish to write music. Hell, these games do nothing but inspire people to expand their musical tastes and get more involved in the music. Instead of just listening to a song, you become immersed in the song, actually playing along with the beat. I fail to see how it ISN'T fun. I mean, I hate to use this argument, but you don't see people getting mad at the CoD players telling them to just join the army. Rock Band is a game, people, and a damn fun one at that.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Rock Band (Main Titles/Spin-offs/DLC/Network) Discussion - by Camo - 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM