The VG Resource

Full Version: Official Rock Band (Main Titles/Spin-offs/DLC/Network) Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I searched the forum and found no thread devote to the Rock Band series, which I found odd... Anyway:

Quote:Rock Band is a series of music video games developed by Harmonix Music Systems and MTV Games, and distributed by Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 2 and 3, Xbox 360, and Wii game consoles. The series, inspired by Harmonix's previous efforts on the Guitar Hero series, allows up to four players to simulate the performance of popular rock music songs by playing with controllers modeled after musical instruments. Players can play the lead guitar, bass guitar, and drums parts to songs with "instrument controllers", as well as sing through a USB microphone. Players are scored on their ability to match scrolling musical "notes" and match the singer's vocals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band

The game has over 700 tracks across the whole platform available to play either on disk (Rock Band 1 or 2) or as downloadable content.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_son...ock_Band_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dow...and_series

The DLC for this week is...
Quote:Hello!

Breaking Benjamin will make their Rock Band debut next week with a three pack of songs available for download in the Rock Band Music Store. A five pack of songs from Alice in Chains, as well as songs from Kula Shaker and Just Kait will also be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and Wii™. Tracks from Foo Fighters will also be available for download next week for Rock Band Unplugged on PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii
American alternative metal outfit Breaking Benjamin will release three songs for Rock Band Sept. 29, day-and-date with the band’s fourth album release, Dear Agony. The three pack of songs features the single from Dear Agony, “I Will Not Bow,” as well as “So Cold,” from the band’s second album, We Are Not Alone, and “The Diary of Jane,” from the band’s third album, Phobia.

A five pack of songs from alternative rockers Alice in Chains joins “Man in the Box,” available on-disc on Rock Band 2. The five pack features the band’s new single, “A Looking in View” from the band’s first album in 14 years, titled Black Gives Way to Blue, which will be released day-and-date with the DLC pack. Alice in Chains has sold more than 17 million albums worldwide and has received six Grammy nominations since their inception in Seattle in 1987. The five pack also includes “Would?”, which was featured in the soundtrack to the film Singles and won the award for Best Video from a Film at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards.

Additionally, multi-platinum selling English psychedelic rockers Kula Shaker make their Rock Band debut with “Hey Dude” and “Knight on the Town,” and Just Kait makes her Rock Band debut as well, with “U Suck.”

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Sept. 29) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 1):

• Alice in Chains – “A Looking in View”
• Alice in Chains – “Check My Brain”
• Alice in Chains – “No Excuses”
• Alice in Chains – “Rooster”
• Alice in Chains – “Would?”
• Breaking Benjamin – “I Will Not Bow”
• Breaking Benjamin – “So Cold”
• Breaking Benjamin – “The Diary of Jane”
• Just Kait – “U Suck” *
• Kula Shaker – “Hey Dude”
• Kula Shaker – “Knight on the Town”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Alice in Chains Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$8.49 USD, £5.25 and €6.59 (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Alice in Chains Pack 01”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
*Denotes $.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) or $1.00 (100 Wii Points) per track

Rock Band Unplugged Tracks for PSP®System

Rock Band Unplugged fans will enjoy the addition of Foo Fighters “Monkey Wrench” and “Lonely as You” to the 43 tracks already available via the Rock Band Unplugged in-game music store for the PSP system.

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Oct. 1):

• Foo Fighters – “Monkey Wrench”
• Foo Fighters – “Lonely As You”

Price:

$1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthrea...ost3082597

Every Friday, new DLC is announced for release on the following Tuesday. I'll update this post every week with the announcement... If enough people care, that is. Shy
the intro to beatles rock band is one of the singularly coolest things ever animated.
otherwise I could care less
I'd have to agree with you on that one. When they turn into Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and float away on the umbrellas, my brain turned to mush at how amazing it was.

"I Am the Walrus" makes no fucking sense lyrically though. :P
holy shit it's camo
i have unplugged. its pretty weird but pretty cool imo.

and its something different to the same old tired formula from gh1
(06-07-2009, 10:28 PM)Fuck Im Great Wrote: [ -> ]holy shit it's camo

I've played both Rock Band 1 and 2, I like them way more than the current Guitar Hero games. LEGO Rock Band just seems stupid and the Beatles one looks interesting. Also if I recall correctly Unplugged is for the PSP so I could care less about it, haha.
Holy shit it's Camo.

Rockband 1 and 2 are awesome and so much better then GH~

Too bad none of the 3 'expansions' they're planning right now are even remotely interesting!
Never played it.

would never bothered to.
i buy guitar hero games simply because harmonix are a bunch of lazy extremely distinguished gentlemen.

we got rock band 1 here after you guys got rock band 2.

fuck them.
(06-09-2009, 05:44 AM)Gym Leader Raytheon Wrote: [ -> ]i buy guitar hero games simply because harmonix are a bunch of lazy extremely distinguished gentlemen.

we got rock band 1 here after you guys got rock band 2.

fuck them.

Can't blame you on that one. They kinda really (oxymoron) fucked ya'll over. :P

But, over here in the states where they work SUPrHARD, it's the bee's knees! :D

Also, after getting a few Maiden tracks, I realized I suck ass at drums. I thought I was gewd. :((

:PD((
Camo play Blinded by Fear by At The Gates on drums
(06-11-2009, 08:42 PM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: [ -> ]Camo play Blinded by Fear by At The Gates on drums

I would if I wanted my arms/right leg to fall off. :P

Plus I'm not that big a fan of the song, lol.
Quote:Hey gang,

Sorry for the delay. Various technical difficulties prevented us from posting the DLC at 10am like we usually do. We're new to this whole "internets" thing, and we appreciate your patience. Here's the DLC for the week of 6/16 for those that haven't already seen the press release (and solid HMX confirmation of the DLC for the week of 6/16 for those that have already seen the press release.

Songs:
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life
Evanescence - Call Me When You’re Sober
Evanescence - Weight of the World
Spinal Tap - Back from the Dead
Spinal Tap - Rock ‘n’ Roll Nightmare
Spinal Tap - Saucy Jack
Spinal Tap - Warmer Than Hell

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Spinal Tap Pack” and the “Evanescence Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track and $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for "Evanescence Pack" and $6.99(560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Spinal Tap Pack”

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

Release Date:
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360®)
Thursday,June 18, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Wowie. Well, I can honestly say I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be.

When I saw that Evanescense was gonna be released, my thoughts were "Oh god no"(songs are very predictable as well); then, when I saw Spinal Tap, my thoughts were "Ooh! Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight plz" but was let down by a pack of songs of a new album of theirs.

Well, I can always hope for a good announcement next Friday.
they haven't released much good stuff lately
Quote:Hey everybody,

SURPRISE! Next week we have the Warped Tour Pack dropping by as well as a three-pack from Maroon 5. With the Warped Tour Pack we have broken a new milestone - Best Song Title Ever for Chiodos' "I Didn't Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard". Congrats, gentlemen! Also in the pack is some awesome Bad Religion, Underoath, Escape the Fate, and A Day to Remember.

-Sean

Tracks:

A Day to Remember “The Downfall of Us All”
Bad Religion “21st Century Digital Boy”
Chiodos “I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard”
Escape the Fate “The Flood”
Underoath “Reinventing Your Exit”
Maroon 5 “Little of Your Time”
Maroon 5 “Makes Me Wonder”
Maroon 5 “Wake Up Call”

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Warped Tour Pack” or “Maroon 5 Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Release Date:
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
(Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360)
Thursday, June 25, 2009
(PlayStation®Store)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Maroon 5 Pack”
$8.49 (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Warped Tour Pack”

Locations: Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360
PlayStation®Network
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146972

Boo. I happen to hate every band on that list of artists.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19