Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Art / Shading Test ] Chibi Neru Akita
(This is pretty ironic coming right after that DA thread post)

...um, I guess so. Basically when you're shading you need to put though behind it, rather than being "oh, this is a section, I'll shade in the corner farthest from the lightsource"

For example, the hair casts a shadow, clothes go over the body and the face has planes

But I just learned about face planes recently and I dunno if you even should incorporate that into chibi things. Where's all the experts?

Oh I remembered something important though! You shouldn't be so worried about shading right now; you should learn how to make good lineart first. Shading's kind of an extra sort of aesthetic thing, lineart's a more basic thing that should come first, because no amount of shading's gonna make a not-so-great lineart suddenly really good.

Basically I'd suggest studying up on the body and trying to draw a bigger, more realistic picture. Not necessarily realism (though there's all sorts of benefits to that, I rarely do it because I think it's so boring myself...) but just, y'know, real-ish proportions. Of course we can help you along the way, but it's a place to start.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: PJAMA

Messages In This Thread
[Art / Shading Test ] Chibi Neru Akita - by PJAMA - 09-06-2010, 10:16 PM
RE: [Art / Shading Test ] Chibi Neru Akita - by StarSock64 - 09-06-2010, 11:08 PM