[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Art / Shading Test ] Chibi Neru Akita
(09-06-2010, 10:27 PM)PJAMA Wrote: Thanks, Sir. Sometimes I might get confused on what "depth" really means. Being an Encyclopediac, the word "depth" can have multiple meanings (e.g. 1 - to show how deep a object is, 2 - the level of specificness) Does "depth" mean to make deep or make realistic?

*maaa'ammm

...(Somebody else explain it for me

I'm a loser at shading and I don't want to say something wrong Heart)

Edit: ...Um. well I don't even wanna make you wait so I'll just give it my best shot.

The way I think of it is, you're drawing things on a 2D plane but you kind of want to show that they're not just flat beings. You want to...simulate 3D, I guess. So by showing depth, you're showing that things go deeper, and around, and such. You have to keep real-world light and shadow in mind, too.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: PJAMA

Messages In This Thread
[Art / Shading Test ] Chibi Neru Akita - by PJAMA - 09-06-2010, 10:16 PM
RE: [Art / Shading Test ] Chibi Neru Akita - by StarSock64 - 09-06-2010, 10:30 PM