Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Guess what? Mr. Instable is back for another second. x.x
So you're Brazilian, eh? Two of my friends are on missions in Brazil. I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Anyways, what do you mean by "lost that ffiness" (I'm assuming you mean final fantasy).
For now I'll study your posted art and some rpg sprites to see what changes could be made.

[Edit] August 19, 2010::
Here is my first study sample of your art and that of FF6 for SNES.
[Image: Submission1.png]

So far I I've noticed that the widths and heights are of different degrees. Today I will focus on how the height and shoulders vary.
(I am assuming that these differences in proportions are the cause of your sprite losing its final fantasy feel.)

Your character's shoulders are positioned directly below the edge of his head. The two FF6 characters (cyan and gau) have theirshoulders stick out for several pixels. (Left) Cyan's shoulder armor sticks out directly from the base of his head for 5 or 4 pixels. (Right) Gau's shoulders only stick out 2 pixels, but his arms slope out till they stick out as far as Cyan's shoulders.

A new detail I noticed is that your character's arm don't go beyond his head. Both of this FF6 sprites do, even though Gau's shoulders don't stick out much (but they do stick out more than your character).

:Unsureummery::
--Loss of FF feel could be because your sprite's arms & shoulders do not stick out beyond the width of his head.

(PS)
I decided that I will not cover vertical as there are some details I just realized that I did not cover.

For some reason your current sprite style reminds me of "The World Ends With You", even though the styles are quite varied.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guess what? Mr. Instable is back for another second. x.x - by MagikSage - 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM