Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
zeemort (nudity)
Here we go;

First of all, always start with thead. If you don't your proportions will be off and you will always have a mediocre picture. You don't need to even to do a detailed head, it's a figure drawing so the head is not anyone's main point of interest. Quite frankly when doing anat. studies I just use a block for the head.

Next. The shoulders should be one headwith away on both sides of the head, that will allow for proper placement.

The arms...... I don't know what to say, their awkward. Whose gonna stand that way? It doesn't make much sense to me. If your doing an anat study, or something similar pick a more belivable pose, not something you'd use to express an emotion or something as you would use in a comic panel.

Torso and pelvis. Well I didn't mesausre you figure in heads considering you don't have a head for me to go by. But it should be 3 and a half healds to the crotch. That's half way on the figure.
You blocked your torso well enough but your pelvis(I share this problem aswell) is a mess. You're not giving it enough of an exagerated push to give the figure live, y'know breath some energy into this woman!

As for the legs. Well my good man your balance leg is fine as it is. But the other leg, well it's way to close and draws away alot of possible energy, and movement in this figure. Actually with it you made her a board of wood really. I'd suggest actually implementing a dominant diagnoal(a dominant line of movement). Place theh leg on that and it should allow you to create a nice dominant aerobesc which you can run all the way up through the body and out the head. It can convey motion very nicely if done right.

Misc; neck is missing key features like sternocleanmastoid(spelling here is probabbly wrong.) Muscles aren't really right, you lack an endogastric pivot/depression. Not really things you should worry about until you get the boxing down method right, than start to study anat. more depth. Oh knee caps are to low I belive aswell.(could be prevent by supplying a head which height you could use to measure into the whole.)

Misc Pt.2; Don't shade/ lay in values yet. focus on blocking the masses as blocks, than converting them to a blocked line sketch. Once you learn anat. better, and can properly plot the figure in proportion and such as well as the musclature of it. After that move on to shading/laying in value.

Visiual aid(includes blocked masses, a dominant vertical and diagnoal aswell as a dominant areobesc. Sorry if it's sloppy it was done in MSpaint. Feel free to hit me up if you don't know what those terms mean, I'm learning not many people do. Also if you need an explination of somethings on the visual aid just ask, I understand it's a bit hard to read.) [Image: corrections.png]

I really, really hope this helps you, even if it's only in the slightest of ways. Can't wait to see what you post next.

Quick Edit: Always make sure you have the body masses balanced out, and exagerrated in direction a tad to breath more life into it. Also two left feet, just noticed(as did others) not really a big deal, just try not to do it. It's really petty though in my opinion. Also if you do insist on shading please try not to have such dynamic lights and darks, they're kind of ugly, and ruin what is a decent picture. Also the mid points on the nipples will always match up if yuo draw a horizontal line from them to make the pit of the neck, and the space where the belly button(what is that thing's scientific name anyway?) should be.

Again hope this helps you, not trying to sound like an elitist because by no means am I in anyway shape or form.
Thanked by: Ashura, Maxpphire

Messages In This Thread
zeemort (nudity) - by PrettyNier - 07-23-2010, 01:56 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by Maxpphire - 07-23-2010, 02:04 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by Vipershark - 07-23-2010, 02:10 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by Maxpphire - 07-23-2010, 02:14 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by PrettyNier - 07-23-2010, 02:20 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by Maxpphire - 07-23-2010, 02:53 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by PrettyNier - 07-23-2010, 03:04 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by Gors - 07-23-2010, 07:11 AM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by DioShiba - 07-23-2010, 01:58 PM
RE: zeemort (nudity) - by Gold - 07-23-2010, 01:29 PM