The VG Resource

Full Version: zeemort (nudity)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tell me whats wrong with this girls anatomy (or anyone else, i guess)
[Image: drawinganatiguess1.png]

im trying to draw more often, particularly on paper, and am having a LITTLE bit of an issue properly translating the anatomy and proportions from ms paint drawings to pencil drawings

i think:
the nipples are off center, the breasts seem slightly too high, the arms seem too long and lanky and the bottom part of the legs (why cant i remember what thats called) seems too short

my scanner makes everything look scratchier than it really is
One of the knees is down a little too far (the one closest to us) and if you wanted to seem like she was bending her leg then you need to shade that a bit differently then her other leg to make it look that way.
Also what is up with her pinky? The tendos with the pinking and ring finger are connected so the ring finger should look a tab bit more detached from the other two fingers.
Her right (our left) foot is backwards. The big toe is on the inside.
Maybe she is a better dancers then those with two left feet?
Quote:Her right (our left) foot is backwards. The big toe is on the inside.
oh wow. whoops!
i'm going to erase the lower legs and redraw them so i'll fix this then. good catch

Quote:The tendos with the pinking and ring finger are connected so the ring finger should look a tab bit more detached from the other two fingers.
yeah, i realized that when i was playing with my fingers 20 minutes ago X:
i think i basically just gave up on the fingers at that point and just drew them without thinking too much about it. i'll redraw it sometime soon when I try and fix up the arm

Quote:One of the knees is down a little too far (the one closest to us) and if you wanted to seem like she was bending her leg then you need to shade that a bit differently then her other leg to make it look that way.
i was trying to go for more of a waist or hip thing, where the hip on that side is slightly raised and so is her leg, but it doesn't really work too well. i'm thinking i'll lower the knee and try and do something slightly more interesting with it than just 'straight leg'.

thanks guys~
Well no, don't make it lower. If anything make it higher, I know you were doing a hip thing but when a girl does that one of her legs is slightly bent in that position and moving the knee down lower doesn't portray that on it's own. The way you shaded it as well as how the ankle seems make it seem like it is a straight leg and the knee is way too far down on it regardless.

I'm sure you know this already but the knee is in the middle of the leg. The way your leg look, it looks like they have a super long thigh and a tiny calf.
i actually meant i was going to undo or place less emphasis on the "hip thing" and balance the legs out a bit more while i'm in the process of redoing the bottom half of them
omg when I read the title I thought you drew Zeemort naked ExclamationExclamation

the problems are already listed by others, btw
Hips could be bigger.
(07-23-2010, 07:11 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]omg when I read the title I thought you drew Zeemort naked ExclamationExclamation

seeing there is no head it could be Gillian.

we just don't know that!
i thought you had pics of her nekkid
did you use any reference?
(07-23-2010, 01:29 PM)Butch Wrote: [ -> ]Hips could be bigger.

always thinking with your dick

but seriously, there's something wrong with her right leg it doesn't look quite right.

(i mean her left, which is on the left side of the picture from our point of view)
not really, trying to get it down from memory so I can draw a bit more competently whenever I want.

because of that there are bound to be a few mistakes here and there, like the leg length and the thing about the toes that vipershark pointed out
shouldn't you try to draw from reference first?
who says i havent'?
i've drawn from reference plenty of times in the past. although it doesn't always necessarily work that well - the only source for reference is the internet, and i have difficulty translating what i'm looking at on the monitor to paper. i'm also sort of prone to getting distracted and browsing, heh
the whole point of this is to try and get into the groove of doing it myself - i don't want to be contingent upon reference during the process of actually drawing. if that makes sense??
Pages: 1 2