Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
2D VS 3D, which will come out on top?
After reading this I'm kind of at thought to my self whether or not 2D gaming was going to end up taking back it's throne in the game market compared to 3D. So I think this could be worthy of debate

After seeing games like Little Big Planet and New Super Mario Brothers it's not a complete surprise that they became an important role in reviving the 2D market. But what's more surprising is that they are doing better then most 3D games. There are many factors in this such as veteran gamers, who grew up with these kind of games and the fact that, it was pretty much reborn to those who grew up with a N64. And it's not surprising at all that most developers are taking a step back in dimensions, but with the new technology and power they have to make it impressive.

However on the other hand, 3D games are still holding up. there's some creativity in a select few games, but most of them have become pretty worn out ideas over the years. Lets be honest, the first time the N64 came out, we were all hyped up that graphical achievements have come this far, and we have enjoyed it over the years up until now. 3D just seems to be loosing it's touch. What happened? was it that most developers were milking out the same idea's over and over again? Or was it that everyone felt that there wasn't enough creativity from what they could have expected? Back then 3D was the proposed future of games and now it just seems like some people want to take a step back. And there are some people enjoying shit like Call of Duty or Red Dead Redemption. It could very well go both ways for this.

My argument is, that 3D won't die out anytime soon, but 2D will make a huge comeback. and there will probably be much more creativity in the 2D games compared to the majority of 3D games.

Think about it, with all these going back to the roots games coming out I wouldn't be too surprised if games new 2D games come out. there has already been Shadow Complex and Lost winds, I just want to see how far new 2D games will go in the mainstream market. And whether or not 3D will be able to keep it's appeal.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
2D VS 3D, which will come out on top? - by DioShiba - 07-04-2010, 09:52 PM