Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
The Legend Of Zelda: The Skyward Sword.
(06-20-2010, 04:39 PM)Woppet Wrote:
(06-20-2010, 03:19 PM)Vipershark Wrote:
(06-20-2010, 03:06 PM)Woppet Wrote:
(06-20-2010, 04:20 AM)Lexou Wrote: I hate that they flipped the whole game around (TP) for you to play as right-handed link. They could've just changed link.

They did flip link.
Gamecube was the mirrored version.
Hence all the bugs.

yeah, no
gc was definitely the source version and wii was flipped

You're a fucking moron. Don't act sarcastic with me.

TP was developed for the gamecube.
Then before release it was ported to Wii.

They then, flipped the GCN version before releasing it on the GCN.

They did however, flip link in the Wii version. Though that was only weeks before it went into production when they decided to add the motion controls.

Before they flipped link in the wii version though, they had already flipped him in the gamcube version to match the left handed wii version (before motion controls)

i know it's ridiculously complicated but that's what they did.

source: official Nintendo magazine UK

wait, what
no they didn't
that doesn't make sense

why would they make the game with right handed link, and flip it specifically for the gamecube version?

They didn't. There would be no reason to do so, because that would be too much work for absolutely no reason.

They mirrored the entire game. The only thing that's original to the Wii version is Link's model, which had to be specifically redone for obvious reasons.

The gc version is the original game. It was then ported to the wii, where it was then flipped because there are more right-handed people in the world than left-handed people and they wanted to cater the motion controls to their biggest audience. That's why the wii version is somewhat more polished and has the sky cannon glitch fixed in later versions, because it was in a way "version 2.0" of twilight princess.

In other words, what Kylegor just posted was correct.

Whoever it was that wrote the article in the magazine you were reading was retarded.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
The Legend Of Zelda: The Skyward Sword. - by 2+D - 06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
RE: The Legend Of Zelda: The Skyward Sword. - by Vipershark - 06-20-2010, 08:34 PM