Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IDEA] Just some ideas I had
More ideas, really just to keep it in a place where I can access it from multiple places and just in case something happens to my computer randomly, blah blah blah. I swear I'll run out of ideas to write about eventually.

This is yet another idea I've come up with, kinda reusing the last concept with a different idea. Basically having a Pokemon action game with a Megaman-like format. We could call it "Pokeman" or something. Really I just made a parallel to the fact that Megaman usually has 8 bosses with extras through different means, and Pokemon has 8 Gym Leaders with extra boss-ish characters mixed in, and I also just reaaally want to see an action-based Pokemon game that is decent, even if I have to make it myself... someday. xD

Basic Format:

-Multiple playable Pokemon, one chosen from a list at start, the rest unlockable.

-Each Pokemon has regular "typeless" attacks which allow creatures who are completely immune to certain types to be beatable. Each pokemon also have a type-based attack to start corresponding to the individual Pokemon.

-8 stages with a Gym Leader as a boss. Defeating a boss yields a TM that gives Pokemon a move that would be advantageous against another Gym Leader. The move may not be a type advantage, due to the fact that not every Pokemon can learn a move of every type, but it would be advantageous against the opposing boss' patterns.

-TMs earned from Leaders require PP to use (like Megaman's weapons needing ammo). Can be recovered through pickups.

-Completion of the standard 8 stages leads to the "Wily Castle" segment of the game, fighting the Elite Four and Champion.

-Different modes of difficulty. While normal mode Gym Leaders would use only one signature Pokemon (usually), harder modes, in addition to increasing enemy damage and aggressiveness, also gives Gym Leaders more of their lineup.

-Evolution would be possible (I'd have to figure out how to do it first, much like a lot of this xD). However, Pokemon would evolve via traditional means, meaning a Pokemon like Charmander would have to "gain experience", which is simply gained through kills, while Pokemon like Pikachu would have to evolve through a stone, which would be hidden in a specific level. To prevent unwanted evolution, an Everstone can also be selected from the menu to prevent evolution.

Stage Format:

-No concrete ideas for the stages yet (seeing as it would require actual RESEARCH, something I don't really feel like doing right now... too tired. xD), but the format would vary slightly between stages.

-Certain stages consist of running through the routes before a given city, going through said city, going through certain landmarks (such as the Fighting Dojo before Sabrina's Gym), followed by the leader's Gym, which can either be a shorter or longer segment of a given stage.

-Stronger trainers serve as minibosses, preventing progression until they are defeated.

-Pivotal Pokemon also serve as minibosses, such as Marowak's Ghost.

-Tentative Stage Order:
Koga - Erika - Giovanni - Surge - Misty - Brock - Blaine - Sabrina

-Final stages involve fighting through elaborate stages at the Indigo Plateau, including mini-boss fights against the defeated Gym Leaders, now with stronger Pokemon or altered strategies. For example, Lt Surge fights with a new Electabuzz rather than Raichu, the original boss, and Giovanni, instead of Rhydon, fights using Nidoking and Nidoqueen both at once.

-Defeating the Elite Four and the Champion under normal conditions ends the game. If certain conditions are met (Such as fighting hidden mini-bosses in certain stages, like Team Rocket and the Legendary Birds), unlocks an extension of the final levels, leading to a true final battle with Mewtwo.

-Mewtwo's first stage ends with rematches against the standard Gym teams, and the second stage is against Mewtwo himself.

Tenative Playable List:

-Ideally, I'd love to have every Gen I type represented in some way. Realistically, that ain't happening. xD Here's a more realistic list of Pokemon families:

Standard
- Charmander
- Bulbasaur
- Squirtle
- Drowzee
- Sandshrew
- Geodude
- Pikachu
- Weedle

Unlockable
-Hitmonchan
-Kabutops
-Clefairy
-Ghastly
-Mew

Tenative Boss List:

Minibosses
-Snorlax
-Hitmonchan
-Hitmonlee
-Tentacruel
-Articuno
-Zapdos
-Moltres
-Marowak (Ghost)
-Scyther and Pinsir (Double Battle)

Team Rocket Minibosses
Note: Team Rocket battles are hidden in each stage, and defeating them all help yield the extended final level of the game.

-Ekans
-Arbok
-Koffing
-Weezing
-Drowzee
-Machop
-Raticate
-Meowth
-Persian

Gym Leaders (Only * Pokemon appear in easier modes in main Lineups)

Brock's Lineup:
Normal: Onix*, Geodude, Rhyhorn
Rematch: Kabutops and Omanyte (Double Battle)

Misty's Lineup:
Normal: Starmie*, Staryu
Rematch: Lapras

Lt. Surge's Lineup:
Normal: Raichu*, Pikachu, Voltorb
Rematch: Electabuzz

Erika's Lineup:
Normal: Gloom*, Tangela, Victreebel
Rematch: Vileplume

Koga's Lineup:
Normal: Weezing*, Muk, Golbat
Rematch: Venomoth

Sabrina's Lineup:
Normal: Kadabra*, Mr Mime and Jynx (Double Battle on harder modes)
Rematch: Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam (Triple Battle on harder modes)

Blaine's Lineup:
Normal: Rapidash*, Arcanine, Ninetales
Rematch: Magmar

Giovanni's Lineup:
Normal: Rhydon*, Kangaskhan, Dugtrio
Rematch: Nidoking and Nidoqueen (Double Battle)

Elite Four (Only * Pokemon appear in easier modes in main Lineups)

Lorelei's Lineup:
Lapras and Jynx (Double Battle)*, Dewgong*, Cloyster, Slowbro

Bruno's Lineup:
Machamp*, Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee (Double Battle), Onix (x2)*

Agatha's Lineup:
Gengar* (x3), Haunter, Ghastly

Lance's Lineup:
Dragonite*, Dragonair (x2)*, Gyarados, Aerodactyl

Champion Blue
Note: Blue's entire lineup is always fought. Blue is also the final boss on easier modes, or if conditions aren't met before he is fought.

Blue's Lineup:
Pidgeot, Rhydon, Alakazam, Gyarados, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Umbreon (Only Gen 2 Pokemon)

Mewtwo

Fulfilling certain conditions before challenging the Elite Four stages unlocks Mewtwo's stages, consisting of the Cerulean Cave and Mewtwo's Palace. The cave contains eight rematches against Gym Leader pokemon (though only the leader of each of their lineups, such as Raichu for Surge, Onix for Brock, etc).

The Palace stage serves only as the final battle stage against Mewtwo in several forms:

Armored Form: Mewtwo fights within armor, making him slower

Chaotic Form: Mewtwo uses his psychic abilities to turn debris and energy into a massive battle form

Final Form: Mewtwo uses no armor or cover, becomes incredibly fast and incredibly aggressive.

Well, that's all for this idea for now. If I ever did do this, I'd wanna do similar things for the other generations, or at least Gen II, which would be incredible, especially with the Kanto battles and the Red battle. For now though, I'll just leave this as is.

However, before I go, a bonus idea!

No More Spearows

Inspired by this image that I did for Lemon's weekly challenge:

[Image: nomorespearows.png]

Basically, a No More Heroes inspired storyline featuring Pokemon characters in an action-based game (2D rather than 3D since that is something I could NEVER do. 2D I can at least fake at worst). I don't have much hammered out yet, so it'll be a lot shorter this time around.

Premise: Pokemon wear clothes, swear a lot and kill each other in a No More Heroes-esque manner. The main character is a Pikachu in a Travis Touchdown get-up who uses a katana he charges with his electricity. In addition to Katana attacks, he can also get powerups to temporarily turn into a more powerful Raichu form, or split into a Plusie and Minun form.

Story: Pikachu basically wants to be #1, and is fighting his way through the Pokemon League matches while unravelling a more sinister plot behind the scenes with every kill he makes. The plot, while inspired in excecution by No More Heroes, is not supposed to mirror it and be semi-original, if uninspired.

Bosses (Not in any order):

-Electabuzz: Uses dual electrified clubs, serving as the parallel to Death Metal (Looks more threatening than the main character and uses a similar, but stronger looking weapon)

-Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Hitmontop: A martial arts triple tag-team. Utilizes tagging in and out to recover during their match, but eventually all gang up at once.

-Nidoking: Harsh ruler of a group of female Nidoran. Extremely territorial and violent. When he loses, the Nidoran kill him in retribution

-Nidoqueen: the Nidoking's Nidorina, who stole his Moon Stone necklace after he died, and returned later to be the challenger to Pikachu.

-Pinsir: A mill worker who turned to killing as a profession to make ends meet, and is lethargic about the planned demolition of the mill he used to work at.

-Kabutops: An ancient assassin who lives in the sewers, training lost souls to become violent killers.

-Porygon, Porygon 2 and Porygon Z: A digitized entity who seeks to digitize the rest of the world. Upgrades to stronger forms during battle and is vulnerable to viruses.

-Slowking: A foreign king who wants to take over the mainland by becoming the head of the League

-Delibird: A mad bomber with no regard for innocent life.

-Smeargle: A tormented artist whose art can be brought to life to kill his enemies.

-Tyranitar: A godzilla-like battle against an opponent that is far larger than the main character

-Shedninja: A spirit summoned by a long-dead Ninja master that has lost all meaning in existence, but cannot die, only kill.

-Exploud: A boisterous death-metal artist with a penchant for mass murder during concerts.

-Absol: An otherworldly swordsman with its eyes set on Pikachu's rising to power in particular.

-Deoxys: An alien creature from outer space who has difficulty communicating with others.

-Vespiqueen: The queen of a hive of Beedrills that intends to overrun the city from her underground hive

-Mismagius: A witch character. No backstory yet. xD

-Dusknoir: An evangelist, cultist priest who is surrounded by Jynx. At the end of his battle, he imparts a terrible omen in his dying breath

-Lucario: A parallel to Ryuji from No More Heroes 2, silent type who is incredibly strong.

-Gallade: A swordsman who has never lost a match.

Okay, that's quite enough. Those are just silly ideas that I've thought up over the course of the past few days, I just wanted to get them written down. xD
Thanked by: Rhyme, Vipershark

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by Vipershark - 11-30-2009, 02:02 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by HunterZ - 11-30-2009, 02:46 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by Adam - 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 12-04-2009, 04:10 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 12-10-2009, 12:32 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 04-26-2010, 12:49 AM