Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Alien 3 Genesis rips question
Ok, i try to explain my Method, but i have to mention, that this hardly works for every Genesis Game: First, you need a Hex Editor ( i use Hex Editor MX) and a tool called "GSavestate" which allows you to open Gens Savestates (btw its very useful for Background/Layer ripping).
Open GSavestate, load your Savestate and click on the VDP-Register. More Registers will appear, click on "Color RAM". You will see a Color-Chart and below, there are the Hex-Values for the Colors. The Background Color is found in the Chart at 0,0 - this is the Color you want to change. The Hex Value is $0000, but you can't search for that in a Hex Editor, because there are too many Zeros in the Savestate.
Instead, look at the Hex-Values for the Colors next to Black (in GSavestate). In my Savestate, its $0CCC. So i searched that in the Hex-Editor and got a Result, that has four Zeros before it. I changed them to "0E0E" (Pink) and gone is the black Background. Now i know, this sounds very complicated, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy. If you don't understand this at all, maybe i could make an illustrated Tutorial...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Alien 3 Genesis rips question - by WingWangWao - 03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
RE: Alien 3 Genesis rips question - by Maxim - 03-23-2010, 03:45 PM
RE: Alien 3 Genesis rips question - by Maxim - 03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
RE: Alien 3 Genesis rips question - by Maxim - 03-23-2010, 07:28 PM
RE: Alien 3 Genesis rips question - by Maxim - 03-24-2010, 08:06 AM