Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Land 2: Remake (Huge Update)
Wow I wasn't expecting some top people here to come say they really like the concept! you have absolutely no idea what kind of effect it has on me to do this right.

as for what people have said so far

Quote:Hmm, interesting, I like the concept of everything, mixed with new colors and a HUD
Not bad

Yeah, it's all about keeping that simpleness with some nice touches !

Quote:this is actually really cool.
great job!!!

i love you

Quote:Hope you don't get completely shot down here for re-using sprites. (You could've stayed at MFGG, you were getting alot of help there...)

But then again, they'd probably be glad to help. I'll try to post the changes I made to Mario later. (I'm currently viewing this through my WII.)

A good majority of people would say that revamping the sprites would be the direct approach, but I'm kind of interested to see how far you'd want that sprite changed, so I'd love a concept of his standing animation if you did work on it Big Grin mabye you had a good idea in mind who knows?

Quote:I know your bringing back a well known game for the game boy, but you should do your own sprites for it.

the first thing that ever poped in my mind was redoing the mario sprites, and theirs just so many different ones I could use but recolouring the sprites does give it that nostalgic hit imo, but I far from disagree with you of course, I'll consider it i guess.

Quote:Anyways, it's starting to look like an actual Mario game, something I wasn't sure could be done with SML games... keep it up, please.

I won't let you down, at the very least a full concept of the game will be done if I remotely give up ( with a fully complete [intro?], title screen, world map [witch will look sexy]. and first level at least.

Quote:In the second screenshot Mario's feet are obscured by the block, whereas in the real game it isn't

I can't believe I missed that.

Haven't had time to work on this the last week but I shall soon.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario Land 2: Remake (Engine test/screenshots) (NEED DEVS!) - by Xual - 03-10-2010, 01:00 AM