Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Producer of "Black" states 'FPS' today are boring
While we're on this whole health talk business, am I the only one who's pissed about the general disappearance of health meters? Don't get me wrong, the whole "red haze and blood on my face" bit is all well and good for immersion and such, but I find it to be really inexact when judging how close or far you are from dealth.

You know what first-person game I'd like to see? Breakdown 2.

(02-27-2010, 06:19 PM)Vipershark Wrote: am I the only person in the world who LIKES regenerating health? I'm not saying that regular health is bad, but I loathe having that one horribly placed enemy that you can't get past when you're stuck left with a tiny sliver of health and no hp regen items to use.

That's not a bad health model, though, that's bad map design.

Quote:A good compromise for the people who dislike it would be to include the regen, but make it work reeeeeeeeallly slowly. Like, 1HP every 30 seconds, or something. At least then it'd feel more like a traditional FPS.

Actually, Advent Rising did this, and it worked fairly well. But that one wasn't an FPS, so eh.
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Producer of "Black" states 'FPS' today are boring - by Rai - 02-27-2010, 07:43 PM