Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Producer of "Black" states 'FPS' today are boring
I completely agree with what he's saying. Everything today is based more around the same 30 seconds of gameplay than anything else, and it really disappoints me.

You know what I think could help to fix this? Enemy variety. Most of today's FPS games (Black included, really) use the same kind of enemy troop, while using similar cover-based gameplay, but includiing, say, attack dogs, heavy-armored dudes who can shrug off small arms fire, shit like that, could help ease off the samey bullshit feel. Darkwatch and arguably Urban Chaos: Riot Response had a fairly Halo-like tactical feel that was made more fun by a veritable menagerie of enemy types.

Also, there's the matter of regenerating health. FUCK renegerating health. To me, regenerating health seems to be the developer's way of saying "You suck at this game, here's your reward!"

Here, right now, I am going to pull a health model idea out of my ass.

Non-regenerating armor over regenerating health. With full armor, you can take a gunshot and still keep going, Doom-style. When your armor is depleted, you'll be so vulnerable that a hard stare will make you keel over like Keith Richards before the blood transfusion.

Right there, in 30 seconds, I have produced more creativity than the entirety of EA's development teams.

Good games are built on experimentation, and that's exactly what recent FPS games haven't been doing.
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Producer of "Black" states 'FPS' today are boring - by Rai - 02-26-2010, 04:45 PM