Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IDEA] Just some ideas I had
Okay, I swear that the next time I post in this thread or this forum, it's gonna be with legit work on one or more of these fangames, and not just silly ideas! But I had forgotten about these ones until hearing about Megaman 10 today, and I just wanted to get them off my chest before I forgot about them again! xD

Both are just fangame renditions of what I think would be cool versions of Megaman X9 and X10, which i think, the way I planned it anyway, would be a cool place to end the X series... non-canonically. I picture both of these games to have a Megaman Zero style to kind of bridge the gap between the X and Zero series.

Megaman X9

Story:
The human and Reploid relations are in shambles after the events of X8, where even the supposedly virus-proof design of the New Generation Reploids proved to produce an army of powerful Mavericks. Despite the valiant efforts of the Maverick Hunters, the humans are on the attack politically, stating that the outbreak of Mavericks has been steadily increasing even with the Hunters. Certain humans even go so far as to accuse the Hunters of secretly being Mavericks themselves.

The gap is made wider by the fact that there is an emergence of two incredibly dangerous groups of Mavericks. In the vacuum of power among Mavericks, Vile, after surviving the events of X8, takes command of a large number of forces formerly loyal to Sigma and strikes at humans directly. At the same time, a group of surviving New Generation Reploids also go on the attack, but through a more strategic sense, using their Copy abilities to take forms of different Reploids to frame them for atrocious acts.

Ultimately, the Maverick Hunters are forced to do battle with the two factions of Mavericks while fearing infiltration from the outside, while ALSO evading human authorities to continue to keep the peace without getting captured and retired by the humans. Things are also made more complicated upon the discovery of signals coming from the laboratories where X and Zero were built.

Gameplay:
-I'd prefer to eliminate the tag-in feature from X7 and X8, but then again, it probably wouldn't hurt that much to keep... however, there are levels where I would want it deactivated.
-X plays pretty much the way you expect, but would feature some new armor(s). The question is: bring back old armors in a new sprite style, or make entirely new ones?
-Zero also would play pretty much the same, maybe with some new weapons, maybe chips to change his abilities slightly.
-Axl in his standard form would be pretty much the same, but I think it would be cooler if he could take the forms of the Maverick bosses, like Model A in ZXA.

Bosses:
-The standard 8 Boss select would be there, but 4 would serve Vile, and 4 would be part of the New Generation faction.
-I need to find my list of which animals they all are... xD
-Some of the non-main bosses would actually be humans riding Mechaniloids.

Of all the ideas I've had up to this point, these two are the least likely to ever get made. Not only is the X and Zero engine a difficult thing for me to figure out, but the amount of custom spriting involved and the need for quality control is so astronomical that by the time I even get around to prototyping the damn thing, the REAL X9 and 10 would likely be out. But yeah, there they are... Back to work for me now. xD
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by Vipershark - 11-30-2009, 02:02 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by HunterZ - 11-30-2009, 02:46 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by Adam - 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 12-04-2009, 04:10 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 12-10-2009, 12:32 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 04-26-2010, 12:49 AM