Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IDEA] Just some ideas I had
I have a few more weird ideas floating around in my head... once the semester ends, I'll actually make a decision and start to work on one of these, albeit it just for fun, and when I come to a decision I'll probably ask to have the thread closed or just edit it to focus on the one I'd want feedback on. But for now, here are more written ideas:

Cocoron 2:

A tenative title, of course, I'd probably give it a cheesy subtitle like "Cocoron: Return to Dreams" or something ridiculous like that. Essentially it'd be a spiritual sequel to the original, not really intending to be exactly the same... Maybe I should explain with a list.

Returning aspects:
-Creating characters by choosing different body parts and weapons
-Returning characters like Cocoron, Flint the Pirate, Santa Claus and others
-Non-linear stage select

New aspects I plan to make:
-Melee attacks (Either based on what body you choose, or maybe it'd be a selectable attack)
-New moves (possibly, kind of falls under the melee attacks above, maybe I'd include special attacks or moves based on what head or body you choose)
-Leveling up system maybe?
-The levels themselves would be a little less linear, slightly longer, more bosses, longer game overall.
-Transitions between good and bad dreams (Levels would change based on whether the dream was good or bad
-Possible cameos by other characters based around dream worlds? (Little Nemo, Kirby.. are there some others?)
-Higher than 8-bit graphics

I just thought it was a very interesting game, and I'd love to see a sequel, even if I have to make it myself. xD

Clash at Demonhead 2:

What's with me and these ideas for sequels to relatively unknown NES games? xD I think the list format would work well with this idea too...

Returning aspects:
-Returning characters such as Bang, Mary, the Commander, as well as villains such as the Seven Governors and their Demon's Battalion.
-The powerup suits like the Aqualung, Jet Pack, etc.
-The non-linear style of wandering around an expansive world map route to route.
-Return of Force Powers

New aspects I plan to make:
-Continuation of the story from the first
-New playable characters, such as other members of SABRE, and perhaps even a playable villain?
-New Force powers
-Slightly altered fighting system (Melee attacks in addition to the gun)
-New power suits?
-Bigger levels and a bigger world map
-More than 8 bits.

I plan to have a lot of silliness in this one when I actually get around to it, namely in cutscene dialogue and the like.

Mega Mario:

Really all my ideas have been silly so far... This idea is one that I'm sure has been thought up before, and if it hasn't, it should have been. Basically, a blending of Mario characters into a Megaman format. How so? Well, let's go to the list format again:

-Choice of two characters: Mario and Luigi.
-Mario plays somewhat similar to Megaman, in the sense that he uses projectiles and gets new powerups for beating main bosses. Mario can also gain new abilities in the stages (kinda like finding armor capsules in Megaman X).
-Luigi plays similar to Zero, using a close-range hammer (with some green glowing effects to be homage to the Z-saber), and gets new abilities for beating main bosses rather than powerups.
-An 8 Boss stage select. The boss lineup would be the Koopalings (with Bowser Jr.), other bosses from the series showing up as mid bosses and "Fortress" bosses
-Speaking of the Fortress, Bowser's Castle would take the place of the Skull Castle, of course.
-Yoshi serving the purposes Rush usually serves.

Some things that I have yet to decide is whether it would be more Mario-like in physics, or more Megaman like. Regardless, I'd probably make it worse than either engine. xD Also I don't know whether to have Mario get different suits for when he uses different powers, or whether to give him them like Megaman X armor. The game concept also sets up for sequels, like games with different villains like Smithy's gang, etc. Also, the spriting style would likely take sprites from some sort of Mario & Luigi style. -Shrugs- The idea is really silly, I don't really think I'd have the focus to do a tremendous amount of custom work.

Well, those are just a few more. Don't take these ideas TOO seriously yet. If I get enough positive feedback for one concept over the others, I might have the courage to give that concept the love and labor it needs to actually be reasonably good. Enough negative feedback, and I'll lock the idea in a vault with my other terrible ideas. xD
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by Vipershark - 11-30-2009, 02:02 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by HunterZ - 11-30-2009, 02:46 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by Adam - 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 12-04-2009, 04:10 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 12-10-2009, 12:32 AM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
RE: Just some ideas I had - by TomGuycott - 04-26-2010, 12:49 AM