Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[In Development][Playable]Sega Brawlers Megamix
Well, here's Tyvon, the amateur game director and commissionary spriter, to shit all over your post.

(11-02-2009, 10:01 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: Well, I don't care to much about sprites being mixing, as long it's within reason.
Unfortunately, this game isn't within reason in terms of sprite mixing. From what I see, nothing matches up with each other. It looks shoddy and lazy.

(11-02-2009, 10:01 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: And not to be a dick to you guys, but I'm tired of people talkin "Sprite mixing". You think in this day an age, people can just play a game without pointing out every little flaw, and just see if it's good or not, that's why the Sonic fan base is so F'd up right now.
The Sonic fanbase is fucked up right now because of little baby retards being part of it. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find a fan of the current Sonic gen that isn't stupid. Sorry to say, but it's true.
As for "little flaws," sprite mixing is NOT a "little flaw." That's like saying a next-gen game on the PS3 or XBOX with N64-quality graphics is just a "little flaw" of the game. It's not. It's a huge turn-off.
Like I said earlier, it reflects poor quality in the entire game, and thus, people won't buy into it. Look at the new Rocket Night Adventures game coming out. Looks shitty. Therefore, looks unfun.
Gameplay IS the most important part of creating a game, but graphics are also on-par in terms of importance. If you don't have both, chances are it's not a good game.

(11-02-2009, 10:01 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: and I find it funny that no one has ever said anything about sprite mixing in Mugen, which actually made some parts of it fun.
MUGEN is SUPPOSED to be that; it's a fighter engine that doesn't have to take itself seriously. It's not a game. It's an engine. Notice that when people make REAL games in MUGEN, the sprites don't clash. It doesn't matter if the sprites or the graphics in an engine clash; engines are about functionality.

(11-02-2009, 10:01 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: I know I can't persuade everyone not to worry about it, but It's just that I don't care. This game is too important to me to worry a small thing like sprite mixing, yall feel me? Cool
That's a dumb thing to say. A REALLY dumb thing to say. If you really cared about this game, you'd create a general sprite style that doesn't clash.

AND NOW HERE'S THE PART WHERE I ONLY KINDA SHIT ON YOUR POST:

It's PERFECTLY fine for your sprites to clash right now, since the game is still in development. However, if you expect anybody to take this project seriously, you're probably going to have to look into a general sprite style to use for every character before you create a final build of the game. I would suggest that you try to adapt the general style of the Genesis Sonic games, since that's easily the most common-known title on the Genesis. Plus, all of your Sonic characters will pretty much already have sprites to use, with the exception of Silver.

As for the sprites, Chakan looks fine. Silver's idle animation is stiff and unfomfortable though. Animating is a lot more than just copy and paste with slight pixel alteration. You have to make the poses look more natural. Try to do that pose yourself (complete with hopping) and you'll realize how uncomfortable it is. Then try to come up with a more comfortable-looking version of the pose (even if it's just making the limbs flow more), usually possible by doing the action yourself to "feel" how it would look. [This is what I do, and while it may not work for everyone, it's definitely a good pose springboard.]

Oh, I'd also like to add that the engine itself is well-done.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawlers - by SmithyGCN - 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawlers - by Ton - 09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Codestar - 09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Alpha Six - 09-08-2009, 06:19 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Codestar - 09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Voyage 34 - 11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Rosencrantz - 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Alpha Six - 11-03-2009, 05:23 AM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Rickhog - 11-07-2009, 04:25 PM
RE: Sega Genesis Mega Brawler - by Ekoi - 11-10-2009, 03:08 AM