The VG Resource

Full Version: [In Development][Playable]Sega Brawlers Megamix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: title0.png] [Image: w480.png]
[Image: 27select.th.gif][Image: 56bor0015.th.gif][Image: 80bor0021.th.gif][Image: 48bor0025.th.gif][Image: 87bor0087.th.gif][Image: 95bor0091.th.gif][Image: 25bor0093.th.gif][Image: 59bor0095.th.gif]
Latest Download for beta demo:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2609.0.html
latest video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqyC16DL...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSbKu_Uugh4

The name of the game is now Sega Brawlers Megamix, being made with the Homebrew Engine called Open Beats of Rage.

As the name says, this is a fighting game with a lot of sega's characters. right now the roster includes:
Sonic the Hedgehog:
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Vector
Espio
Shadow
Mighty
Silver
Nack
E-102 Gamma
E-123 Omega
Emarl
Chaos
Metal Sonic
Grounder

Street of Rage:
Axel
Blaze
Adam
Skate
Max
Zan
Roo
Yamato
Shiva

Golden Axe:
Kain Blade
Cronus Lieght

Eternal Champions:
Blade
Larcen

Gunstar Heroes:
Green
Red
Blue

Guardian Heroes:
Han
Ginjiruo
Randy

Advance Guardian Heroes:
Enn
Ray
Hyu

Dinosaurs for Hire:
Archie
Lorenzo
Reese

Others:
Joe Musashi(Shinobi)
Toejam & Earl
Ristar
Vectorman
Sketch Turner(Comic Zone)
Epsilon Eagle(Alien Soldier)
Socket(Socket/Time Dominator)
Alisia Dragoon
Ranger-X
Pulseman
Chakan(Chakan: The Forever Man)

Guests:
Earthworm Jim

Battletoads:
Rash
Zitz
Pimple

Fang(Contra Hard Corp)
Sparkster(Rocket Knight Adventures)
Grinder(fighting masters)
Saul(Woldchild)

Splatterhouse 3:
Rick Taylor
Mutant Rick
Definitely gonna look forward to the final version of this cool game!
That will take a long time. SGMB was really made so I can work on my sega series all at once up to my final project: Sega Genesis: Ultimate Alliance, I had to cancel it because there just too many characters and I hardly had any experience with the Engine, and there may not be a final release for SGMB probably till after Alliance is done. once I finish E-nuff Materiel for a full game, I'll copy it all to that project, in this case it's Chaotix rage, followed by a full game with sonic, 7 more characters from the series, and the chaotix to, which will be 16 playable chracters. there was gonna be a third mod before the Final game but thanks to SGMB, it isn't needed.
Putting it shortly, SGMB will keep getting updated till I'm completely done. Cool
More updates on SGMB:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,...l#msg48002
I'm also getting help for items to appear randomly on stages like on SSBB, they will be items that will summon NPCs to help out in fights, just like the assist trophies. both haven't been on the engine before but with the help I'm getting, There's a good chance I can make both happen.

X]
Ok, I got the next demo up now, I had problems with the zip file so I didn't post this before, but It's fine now and anyone can download it.

X]
No one's commenting here either? This place is sad.

The game looks excellent and I love the concept, but, if I may, give a little bit of constructive criticism your way.
Firstly, there's some graphical inconsistency here. If this is supposed to use primarily Genesis game graphics, I see some GBA sprites and, on one occasion, an 8bit sprite.
Secondly, so far, I've seen that your stages are very... straight from one end to the other. In a game of this genre like Streets of Rage, the levels had more than just enemies thrown at you. Like traps and falling objects and the occasional deviation from just the straight line layout.
Lastly, some of these characters aren't even owned by Sega. I mean the games that they had on the Genesis were on other systems as well. I'd love to see actual Sega owned characters like Joe Musashi in it.

I hope I didn't come off sounding harsh or anything, I just noticed some things that bothered me. Overall, I do love the concept and the many character mash ups always look interesting.
My major problem would be that some of the characters don't seem to be Sega characters. Is the only requirement supposed to be that they were on Genesis?
Either way, a Shining Force character or 2 would be great. I'll keep my eye on this.
Quote:The game looks excellent and I love the concept, but, if I may, give a little bit of constructive criticism your way.
Aight. Big Grin
Quote:Firstly, there's some graphical inconsistency here. If this is supposed to use primarily Genesis game graphics, I see some GBA sprites and, on one occasion, an 8bit sprite.
It's not, As long as the character will be in the game, I will use the sprites I like the most. for example: the Battletoads, I used the Arcade sprites instead of the genesis/Snes sprites.
Quote:Secondly, so far, I've seen that your stages are very... straight from one end to the other. In a game of this genre like Streets of Rage, the levels had more than just enemies thrown at you. Like traps and falling objects and the occasional deviation from just the straight line layout.
Not to worry, not only do I plan on making 2D(Super smash Bros. style) platform stages, I plan on adding special missions and all dat. Cool
Quote:Lastly, some of these characters aren't even owned by Sega. I mean the games that they had on the Genesis were on other systems as well. I'd love to see actual Sega owned characters like Joe Musashi in it.
Exactly, as you see, most of the non-Sega owned Characters haven't had too many games since the genesis era. like the battletoads, Earthworm Jim, and the splatterhouse Ricks, so there in the roster as Sega guests. Don't expect to see anyone from Mortal kombat or street fighter, 2 games who's fame stretched way passed the Genesis Era. but do Expect more Sega Own characters, such as Ristar, Joe Musashi, Hayate(shadow Dancer), and the gunster Heroes(Genesis and Advanced), also expect one shot characters like Dinosaurs for Hire and even chars from Cosmic carnage if I ever rip the sprites.
Quote:I hope I didn't come off sounding harsh or anything, I just noticed some things that bothered me. Overall, I do love the concept and the many character mash ups always look interesting.
My roster is a bit complicated, so I expect people to be confused about it. as long as someone's taking notice to my tribute of some of the best games and characters, I'm cool with it. Cool
Just curious, are characters from Golden-Axe and Streets of Rage there?
Quote:My major problem would be that some of the characters don't seem to be Sega characters. Is the only requirement supposed to be that they were on Genesis?
No, but it's one of them, the other is to be Sega owned. Non-Sega owned characters are in the roster as quests.
Quote:Either way, a Shining Force character or 2 would be great. I'll keep my eye on this.
I've seen no sprites I could use from the 2 genesis games. If you see any sprites I can use at all for this, please let me know.

With those two posts out of the way, I just released the new demo last night, Just click this link to get it, or click the GIF in my sig.
(09-08-2009, 05:33 PM)Neros Urameshi Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious, are characters from Golden-Axe and Streets of Rage there?
I just Posted the full roster in my first post, check it son. Cool
I hope you asked tyvon permission for that Pulseman sprite.
What Pulseman sprite? o_O
whoops, nvm that, thought he was using your version at first. My bad.
Yo peeps, for some of my latest updates, Check this thread:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,...l#msg53217
Not much but here's a stage I just put in today, Lava Reef from Sonic & Knuckles, using a stage building tool called BORed Cool. I'm also working on stages from sonic CD and the advance series, as well as vectorman, ristar, and Earthworm Jim
[Image: lavareef.png]
I'll try to make more stuff I can upload tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4