Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Official Rock Band (Main Titles/Spin-offs/DLC/Network) Discussion
(07-25-2009, 03:38 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: First off, The Rock Band run way is yuck to read compared to Guitar Hero.
I don't understand how either of them is yuck. You should be focusing on the notes themselves, which are more visually appealing and make more sense in Rock Band(the rectangles work better with the drums, especially).

(07-25-2009, 03:38 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: The Guitar Hero guitar wins by far. RB guitar the frets are all jammed up close together and there's no click sound on the strum bar (which doesn't give you a sense of secureness [not a word.].)
I agree with you on the clicks and the way the frets are, but I swear every GH guitar after GH2 has had way too many problems (unresponsive frets, overstrums).

(07-25-2009, 03:38 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: Unleashing "star power" whenever you want. You have to wait until the end of a drum fill to unleash that gold thingy in RB.
Star power in GH is confusing. It often causes you to break your streak while trying to save yourself which could then cause more confusion to try and get back on track. I've seen it happen multiple times on the faster songs. Rock Band gives you a short amount of time to freestyle (and in some cases, take a short break [Ramblin' Man, ouch!]) and then just hit the green. And they happen quite frequently once you get the star power meter up. It really is just a matter of preference, though.

(07-25-2009, 03:38 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: And when talking about the Drums, it's really what you're used to. You can't really have much say in that.
The drums in GH are weird in my opinion. I think they should've made the cymbol notes onscreen look different then the pad notes. Maybe smaller or triangular idk.

Anyway, that's what I've got to say. There are some things I like better on Guitar Hero, such as the time window (GH2's was perfect), and, as previously stated, the design of the guitar controller. But, that's pretty much it. :P
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Rock Band (1/2/Lego/Beatles/Unplugged/DLC) Discussion - by Camo - 07-25-2009, 04:47 PM