[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to use sprites
Well... the problem is that some sprites are so messed up ripped (Actually 90% of those i've found are" that it's rather impossible to determin those boundaries that shawn does... see, his sprite is a very rectangular sprite, also the body doesn't move that much, so it's easy to see where the center of the sprite has to be according to the previous sprite, but it is far from alwyas easy!
I'm using a method reminding very much of shawns...
But let me SHOW my problem instead, in that way it's probably much easier to understand!
First, this is the sprite i wish to make an animation from:

Now, then i tried to extract the walking animation from it, and ended up with this:

As said i used a method similiar to Shawns, however... since i find it impossible to find the particular place the current frame starts and ends, it just get's messy...
Sry, i ended up with walking.gif, not donatello.gif!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
How to use sprites - by MedianHansen - 05-21-2009, 04:38 PM
RE: How to use sprites - by Shawn - 05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
RE: How to use sprites - by Omegakyogre - 05-21-2009, 04:50 PM
RE: How to use sprites - by MedianHansen - 05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
RE: How to use sprites - by hush-hush - 07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
RE: How to use sprites - by Adam - 07-21-2009, 11:43 AM