Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Am I the only one who thinks... (Zelda related)
I played Zelda on the NES.

then played LTTP on the SNES.

then got the OOT and MM on the N64.(lets be honest its the only reason one would buy a n64 back in the day. the expansion pack for MM was a fucking rickroll :'(.)

and i do remember when those first pictures of the new Zelda game with Link dueling Ganon. we all expected it not to be another Zelda, but rather to be another "more beatiful OOT". and so we waited until Wind Waker came out and i was like "lolwut". for the majority of fans that grow up with every zelda game being the incarnation of beatifully rendered worlds full of magic details(dude, i remember when i first walked around into the kokiri forest i was distracted following those small ligth things floating around in first person for a while), the wind waker was, at first, a huge letdown. the expectations are high over every zelda game since the NES(dude, remember when LTTP came out and that 3D triforce was in your screen?), and for that reason WW became the bastardized version of the series, for extremely unfair reasons(mainly graphics, but it is an awesome game on its own). i bet thats the reason why nintendo decided to turn the next zelda into what everyone expected: a beatiful and huge and extensive world full of scenes that should be forever remembered for its beatifullness among a truly spiritual love. and nintendo did it, but there was something on TP like osm said that left you with quite a bitter taste. there was something missing. and its probably not the game itself, but rather the hype over it. every time a new nextgen zelda is announced, we basically expect a new mesias. and its true that we basically want a "lord of the rings-sized" epical adventure, because the series have grown up to become the meaning of epic adventures itself, come on. its almost a point when zelda is almost the "stereotype" of the dude with the sword and shield who saves the magic kingdom.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the only one who thinks... (Zelda related) - by Cobalt Blue - 05-06-2009, 02:51 PM