Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Pokemon Leaf Green Romhack] Luna Iridescent
[Image: version1logo.jpg]

[The Legend]

“Three titans of our sins shall pursue us until the end times, but so long as good people make good effort, we shall keep them quelled. Yet even our prayers and spells cannot hold back the evils they wield, for they grow stronger as more people sin . It is predicted by the Dream Guides that one will unleash them through no intent of their own. The evils will erupt from their cloisters and reign defilement upon the world. The one who will unleash them cannot possibly defeat these great evils, nor will he be able to stop the destiny that shall ultimately lay darkness before the land.”
Every elder is required to pass down this legend, for in the twilight we are to ask the youngest adult in the town to look to the full moon. If it shines with every color imaginable, then that is the month of release of the titans, and the burden of this Legend will no longer be mine to bear, but the history of those who survive.” Madam ‘Ercuz

[The Story]

The Region of Iwaja is under attack from the Empire of Hajo, an army outfitted with hand-to-hand combatants and the monsters from the spirit world. You as a simple farm hand will be required to fulfill a destiny you weren’t meant to. To save your home, and protect your family, you must rally together the cities of Iwaja and free them from the tyrannical power of the invading empire. But is everything as it seems?
The empire seems to better the communities it overtakes, and the people living there don’t seem oppressed, even better they’re happy with their new effective rulers. The choice is yours, do you prove yourself a worthy avatar of destiny or do you try and save your town by becoming part of the empire and keeping your family safe with an iron hand of justice?
And what of the cities that fight their new rulers, the ones trying to hold on to tradition. Are they fighting an impossible fight to stay under its own rule, or are the invaders really pushing hard on some towns and not others? Every day the new moon waxes a little more, and when the skies are clear for one fateful night, who is left holding fate in their hands?

You?

Somebody you love?

Somebody you think you can trust?

Sometimes destiny picks a strong hand to lead the world into a new age, or did it sow the seed of guidance in some unfortunate soul doomed to corruption?

[The Starters & Pokedex Entries]
[Image: 001poppakom.png][Image: 004pyrecone.png][Image: 007kapdo.png]

With 151 Brand New Pokemon planned, an immense story and a difficulty that fans of the first one have craved, I've got my next three months ahead of me as busy, busy turning this copy of Pokemon Leaf Green into something of my own creation. The graphics I show you now are splices, done for the sake of proof of concept, and are subject to possibly being changed.

[Image: iwajamap.png]

An entirely new world, new monsters, new challenges, and a whole new adventure.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

Lets talk shop: I've got 151 Pokemon, I'll be creating all of these monsters as the time comes, I've got lots of graphics to change and a lot to do. I won't even begin to start on the real meat of the work until the end of next week (after my finals). But don't think I won't do it, I've spent the afternoon procuring the tools and pieces I need, as well as pulled my documents from the archives for this.

The reason I'm bringing this out is because of my good comrade Tyvon, and I'll be releasing the hack on PixelCore when it's finished. I'd tentatively say that a demo will be finished by the end of the month, though it could take much longer if I hit significant snags. But I am nothing if I can't drum up interest. So, I figure that maybe I'll offer the opportunity for a few of you to get special mention in the game.

Here's the challenge. Create a sprite for a single Normal Type pokemon, but it has to do with music. The setting is an older era, so things like beatboxes and electric guitars are out. The style is Diamond/Pearl Style, however with the limitations of Ruby/Sapphire. The best one will get into the game, and you will get a mention in the credits.

I'll end the contest when my first Demo is complete, and to find out the winner, it'll be put into the game, stats and all. So, I hope I've got enough of your collective attentions with this one.

~Zee

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[Pokemon Leaf Green Romhack] Luna Iridescent - by Zee - 05-02-2009, 12:10 AM