Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread

Gotta say. David Tennant makes a damn good Scrooge McDuck.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
the styling of this show I feel like takes some influence from the mickey shorts that came out earlier this decade and I love the visual style of it all together.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
It actually looks like the second season of American Dragon, which is something I think I can tolerate and even come to like. As long as they stick to actually telling comedic adventure/action stories and don't fall into that realm of being a meta series that knows it's ridiculous and doesn't even take itself seriously (really tired of this being a thing lately), I think it could be cool. I'm not sold on them playing up Webby's giddy personality, and I also feel like the nephews are missing something without their duck rasp. I can understand toning it down (and like, if they were to relaunch Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, I'd want them to tone down the squeakiness), but I think they should have kept at least a hint of it.

Over all I went into the trailer seeing how different it was and feeling worried, but as it went on I felt better and better about how it's coming along. I got a very Kim Possible vibe from it, and that's a good thing.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
just found 4 classics while browsing netflix: super mario bros. super show (it's a guilty pleasure, alright? at least it's not the movie), AoStH, animaniacs, and the magic school bus.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: Kriven, puggsoy
They've also got Sonic Underground, if you were ever into that. I like it a lot more than AoStH. Don't know if they have SatAM.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Guys.

The new Samurai Jack season is off to a beautiful start holy shit! I loved every frame of it.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Cooper, Shade
THE PREMIERE WAS SO GOOD OH MY GOD. Genndy's really stepped up his game in the last 13 years.
[Image: OK9g6f1.jpg]
Thanked by: Shade, DioShiba
watching spongebob from the beginning. i finally understand all the jokes now thanks to being an adult. lol

it's still great btw. in like every aspect. i knew there was something that made classic nicktoons godlike in quality.
Thanked by: Kriven
I don't know if it's the right place but...
Is anyone watching little witch academia?
I love so much the atmosphere and the characters, and I love how Akko is every day better at magic
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I JUST SAW THE NEXT EPISODE OF SAMURAI JACK AND I AM AN EMOTIONAL WRECK.

Good God, if this intensity keeps going up I might just die from it.
[Image: OK9g6f1.jpg]
Thanked by:
(03-18-2017, 11:04 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I JUST SAW THE NEXT EPISODE OF SAMURAI JACK AND I AM AN EMOTIONAL WRECK.

Good God, if this intensity keeps going up I might just die from it.

Putting aside my analysis, I'm impressed with the show, I'm actually in sync with the feeling of the show and if it weren't for the fact that I've been exposed to violent shit or blood fests in video games or the internet, let alone all the other things that have broken my innocence to pieces well... I'd probably be in tears. I'm moved by the new direction Samurai Jack is taking and I'm thrilled for next week's episode.

EDIT: Fuck it, getting an image from the new series into my avatar.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Cooper
we got some news, megaladies and megagentlemen.

ppl were expecting a shitty ripoff but if you ask me this actually looks pretty good. i was actually expecting it to be 2D, but this looks a lot better tbh.

but ppl are hard to plz so this'll probably receive lots of backlash from rabid fans anyway Tongue
Thanked by:
Yeah, it does look better than that artwork released earlier. But when Film Roman teased it on YouTube, it was 2D.
Let's just hope it shits over the Ruby Spears adaptation from the 90s.
[Image: RW1cx9E.png]
Then again. American made video game cartoons have a bad track record, with only a few good ones out there. Such as Earthworm Jim.
And the Skylanders cartoon on Netflix is surprisingly decent.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
sonic x was one of my favorites growing up. i liked their adaptations of Adventure 1 and 2, minus an annoying human kid and his grandpa.

but i think AoStH takes the cake for best adaptation, even tho it's only like 25% accurate to the games - fighting robotnik and spindash - it's just an overly-quirky romp through an alternate universe that made a lot of people laugh.
Thanked by:
Looking forward to the new Rick and Morty, just wish we had a date on it already.
Thanked by: