[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is it possible to know what has already been ripped but has been taken down?
Sad 
Some days ago I noticed that the mobile game Crossy Road has no section on Models-Resource (and does not return any result in the search bar), so I begin to rip the models, and spend the last days doing this and the renders for the icons (71 models).

I just went on the website to begin upload, created the game section with an icon, and finally filled the form in order to submit the first model.

While doing this, I noticed that the categories suggested are too specific to be random (as seen on the attached screencap), and I remember that when I ripped another new game (My Tamagotchi Forever) a week ago, the categories were totally blank.

The only explanation that I find is that the models existed once on the website but have been copyright claimed by the legal holders.

Am I right? Did I waste my time working on this game?

How can this be avoided in the future? Couldn't the game icon be gray or something?

I understand that the review process will raise a flag in this situation, but it's already far too late for the uploader (especially because the process can take a lot of time on Models-Resource).

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
We have a thread for that.
Thanked by:
I wasn't aware of this.

Thank you, it's now bookmarked.

I feel dumb for wasting my time.
Thanked by: