The VG Resource

Full Version: Is it possible to know what has already been ripped but has been taken down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some days ago I noticed that the mobile game Crossy Road has no section on Models-Resource (and does not return any result in the search bar), so I begin to rip the models, and spend the last days doing this and the renders for the icons (71 models).

I just went on the website to begin upload, created the game section with an icon, and finally filled the form in order to submit the first model.

While doing this, I noticed that the categories suggested are too specific to be random (as seen on the attached screencap), and I remember that when I ripped another new game (My Tamagotchi Forever) a week ago, the categories were totally blank.

The only explanation that I find is that the models existed once on the website but have been copyright claimed by the legal holders.

Am I right? Did I waste my time working on this game?

How can this be avoided in the future? Couldn't the game icon be gray or something?

I understand that the review process will raise a flag in this situation, but it's already far too late for the uploader (especially because the process can take a lot of time on Models-Resource).

Thank you.
I wasn't aware of this.

Thank you, it's now bookmarked.

I feel dumb for wasting my time.