[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DQ Gaiden: A Starry Legend
I've been working on a Dragon Quest Fan Game.

Using the RPG Maker VX I've been slowly changing things be more DQ/EBZero like in terms of battling.
I really like dragonquest and doing this to completion will allow me to make my own custom game using the edited engine. I already posted a very early demo however this newer one will have a lot of the mechanics fleshed out.

Most people look down on RPG Maker games however with competent hands it's a very good engine.(Mostly) 
It's all a matter of how much you are willing to common event.

So far all things Dragon quest can be achieved in RPG maker VxAce.

Here's a look at the prolouge:
Here's videos of what I'm adding:

Day Night System:

Monster Racing/Battling Betting: 

Let me know what you think! It's for those who ever played the games particularly the GBC versions!
[Image: mugen.gif][Image: 41583772.gif]

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanked by: Khyze
Great work so far, looks a lot like a GBC Dragon Quest game. It doesn't look like it was made with RPG Maker XV - the only point that made me notice was the battle dither pattern fading! I don't see any issues with the mechanics shown so far, but maybe somebody who knows Dragon Quest better could give you pointers.

Keep us updated, I wouldn't mind playing a demo! Big Grin
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Virtuaboy123
Thanks I've been talking to people on DQ forums and they suggested cut-scenes so I've began working on a few cutscenes, for the games Prolouge and Epilouge.
[Image: 4M5KWLD.png]
As for stage transitions I'm looking to either may my own custom one that has no fading or find a script to remove the fading.

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Demo has been released!
Try it out at

https://rpgmaker.net/games/9700/

About 4-5 hours of game play.

I plan on making a much longer one by October!

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]