[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MLDT/PJ style Turbo/King Candy sprite
Hi, since I am planning to make a fangame in the art style of Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, I decided to see how well I can make custom sprites in that style. This character, originating in Wreck-it Ralph, will not be in the fangame (as it's technically still set in the Mario universe) but since I recently rewatched that movie I decided to use him for my first serious attempt at the style (and one of my first serious attempts at spriting in general). So what do you think?

[Image: king_candy_turbo_mldt_pj_custom_sprite_b...a9cjbd.gif]
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
Pretty solid! I think King Candy's nose and chest could use a bit more defining though.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thank you! I'm just afraid to use too many colors that aren't used anywhere else on the sprite. I know he has a pinkish nose in the film, but I couldn't get that to look right in the sprite (the darker pink was replacing the shine on the tip of his nose, basically)

But if I ever revise this sprite I'll take that into consideration.
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by: