[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Magicka .xnb files
Question 
Okay so apparently xnb is also a common format for the XNA framework. Only problem is there exist only texture converters and no real model viewers/extractors for any form of them. I've been trying to find a method of converting these types of files into something more useful, to no avail. Would someone mind having a look at these sample files to see if anything can be done?

Dropbox Link
Thanked by:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17271122/fez/fez_parse_0.7.zip
Thanked by: Carpaccio
Well, I got them to decompress, but anything else gives me a python syntax error. Which version of python do I need?
Thanked by:
Not sure, you are using the executables right?
Thanked by:
I'm using the python files in the base root folder of the archive you gave me, each time it gives me a syntax error rather than doing anything, and the only 'exe' I was able to find was XMAdecomp.exe, which is the only one that works thus far.
Thanked by:
Apparently this tool doesn't support the types in this particular file
Thanked by:
Oh...that's a downer. Blast, I got them decompressed but now I can't use them at all? Argh...this always seems to happen.
Thanked by:
Eh I found the model files inside the xnb, not quite sure how to parse them.
I'll try again later
Thanked by: Carpaccio
Oh, excellent, I think...Thank you for the effort thus far!
Thanked by:
Well, ninjaripper seems to rip everything properly. Only problem is I have absolutely no skill at playing this game and haven't even been able to manage a pass through the first DLC level of the story I wish to rip from. I have two versions of the game, Steam, and a er...standalone version for ripping...But I can't progress very well through either of them. I eagerly await any further developments from this.
Thanked by:
Sad 
Well I knew this would have to come up again. I absolutely CANNOT progress through this game myself due to my inhibitions to the play style, so I must rely on extractions entirely. This is a very high priority project for me and I somewhat had a self-imposed deadline for it of the end of May this year. I was hoping we could figure this format out somehow so I could get the base models even in simple OBJ format without bones, but at least with textures and UV's. Any help would be most appreciated.
Here are the primary files I need to convert.
Dropbox Link

EDIT: Also this
Dropbox Link
Thanked by: