The VG Resource

Full Version: Magicka .xnb files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so apparently xnb is also a common format for the XNA framework. Only problem is there exist only texture converters and no real model viewers/extractors for any form of them. I've been trying to find a method of converting these types of files into something more useful, to no avail. Would someone mind having a look at these sample files to see if anything can be done?

Dropbox Link
Well, I got them to decompress, but anything else gives me a python syntax error. Which version of python do I need?
Not sure, you are using the executables right?
I'm using the python files in the base root folder of the archive you gave me, each time it gives me a syntax error rather than doing anything, and the only 'exe' I was able to find was XMAdecomp.exe, which is the only one that works thus far.
Apparently this tool doesn't support the types in this particular file
Oh...that's a downer. Blast, I got them decompressed but now I can't use them at all? Argh...this always seems to happen.
Eh I found the model files inside the xnb, not quite sure how to parse them.
I'll try again later
Oh, excellent, I think...Thank you for the effort thus far!
Well, ninjaripper seems to rip everything properly. Only problem is I have absolutely no skill at playing this game and haven't even been able to manage a pass through the first DLC level of the story I wish to rip from. I have two versions of the game, Steam, and a er...standalone version for ripping...But I can't progress very well through either of them. I eagerly await any further developments from this.
Well I knew this would have to come up again. I absolutely CANNOT progress through this game myself due to my inhibitions to the play style, so I must rely on extractions entirely. This is a very high priority project for me and I somewhat had a self-imposed deadline for it of the end of May this year. I was hoping we could figure this format out somehow so I could get the base models even in simple OBJ format without bones, but at least with textures and UV's. Any help would be most appreciated.
Here are the primary files I need to convert.
Dropbox Link

EDIT: Also this
Dropbox Link