[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to rip models from unity games?
I'm trying to figure out how to rip models from Unity .assets files, however, I've only succeeded in a couple of models being ripped. I have the files without obfuscation, and I know what's in the files, but I can't rip the models. Does anyone know how the Unity model files work?
Some guy who just lurks this place nowadays.
Thanked by:
First off, what are you ripping from? We'll help you if you told us.

And do the models have a .43 extension? There are at least a couple of Unity games with models with that extension that are rippable: Big Hero 6 Bot Fight and Calling All Mixels, both mobile games.
Thanked by:
I had rip some Unity Engine models before....
Too bad that "MaxScript" reads for mesh only, I want to get a bones and rigged though.

Yes, every Unity use .43 extension (model) in .assets archive. Some games uses a multi archives and disorganized??

Thanked by:
Sonic Dash. I have the Windows 8 version downloaded to my computer, and I've ripped them.

Yes, the models are .43 models.
Thanked by:
(01-03-2015, 04:21 PM)nobody231 Wrote: Sonic Dash. I have the Windows 8 version downloaded to my computer, and I've ripped them.

That is a good question.
First thing if you need a 3ds Max (I don't know anything with Blender, sorry) and script for import Unity model by Chipicao, you can find them here http://kotschopshop.com/topic/5134976/1/

You don't need to import a single .43 file, just open .assets archive then select a mesh to import. But it's don't read for bones anyway....

Thanked by:
(01-03-2015, 10:51 PM)RatchetMario Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 04:21 PM)nobody231 Wrote: Sonic Dash. I have the Windows 8 version downloaded to my computer, and I've ripped them.

That is a good question.
First thing if you need a 3ds Max (I don't know anything with Blender, sorry) and script for import Unity model by Chipicao, you can find them here http://kotschopshop.com/topic/5134976/1/

You don't need to import a single .43 file, just open .assets archive then select a mesh to import. But it's don't read for bones anyway....

I know about that one, that's how I got a couple of models out. Only a few made it out, though, and I don't know where bones and weighting data are.
Thanked by:
(01-03-2015, 04:21 PM)nobody231 Wrote: I know about that one, that's how I got a couple of models out. Only a few made it out, though, and I don't know where bones and weighting data are.

There is no bones and weighting data on that script...

But I heard someone has make Unity MaxScript import with bones and weighting, but it is still incomplete, though...

Thanked by:
Okay, I wonder how people ripped models from other games then.
Thanked by:
Heh, looks like I wasn't the only one trying to figure this out! Surprise
Thanked by:
(01-13-2015, 07:35 PM)Techokami Wrote: Heh, looks like I wasn't the only one trying to figure this out! Surprise

Okay, good... It's just so darn annoying to try!
Thanked by: