The VG Resource

Full Version: How to rip models from unity games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to figure out how to rip models from Unity .assets files, however, I've only succeeded in a couple of models being ripped. I have the files without obfuscation, and I know what's in the files, but I can't rip the models. Does anyone know how the Unity model files work?
First off, what are you ripping from? We'll help you if you told us.

And do the models have a .43 extension? There are at least a couple of Unity games with models with that extension that are rippable: Big Hero 6 Bot Fight and Calling All Mixels, both mobile games.
I had rip some Unity Engine models before....
Too bad that "MaxScript" reads for mesh only, I want to get a bones and rigged though.

Yes, every Unity use .43 extension (model) in .assets archive. Some games uses a multi archives and disorganized??
Sonic Dash. I have the Windows 8 version downloaded to my computer, and I've ripped them.

Yes, the models are .43 models.
(01-03-2015, 04:21 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic Dash. I have the Windows 8 version downloaded to my computer, and I've ripped them.

That is a good question.
First thing if you need a 3ds Max (I don't know anything with Blender, sorry) and script for import Unity model by Chipicao, you can find them here http://kotschopshop.com/topic/5134976/1/

You don't need to import a single .43 file, just open .assets archive then select a mesh to import. But it's don't read for bones anyway....
(01-03-2015, 10:51 PM)RatchetMario Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2015, 04:21 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic Dash. I have the Windows 8 version downloaded to my computer, and I've ripped them.

That is a good question.
First thing if you need a 3ds Max (I don't know anything with Blender, sorry) and script for import Unity model by Chipicao, you can find them here http://kotschopshop.com/topic/5134976/1/

You don't need to import a single .43 file, just open .assets archive then select a mesh to import. But it's don't read for bones anyway....

I know about that one, that's how I got a couple of models out. Only a few made it out, though, and I don't know where bones and weighting data are.
(01-03-2015, 04:21 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]I know about that one, that's how I got a couple of models out. Only a few made it out, though, and I don't know where bones and weighting data are.

There is no bones and weighting data on that script...

But I heard someone has make Unity MaxScript import with bones and weighting, but it is still incomplete, though...
Okay, I wonder how people ripped models from other games then.
Heh, looks like I wasn't the only one trying to figure this out! Surprise
(01-13-2015, 07:35 PM)Techokami Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, looks like I wasn't the only one trying to figure this out! Surprise

Okay, good... It's just so darn annoying to try!