[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Earliest Gaming Memory
I came home one day and my mom got me a used(?) N64 with mario kart 64

i was like 4 iirc

i remember my mouth dropping and moving the controller around trying to get it to work

still have the n64 but the game was stolen by my neighbor and sold for $1
Thanked by: recme
Ahh... the days of my youth... like the scent of fresh lemon.

I was two or three years old when I played my first few videogames. All I remember playing back then was Mario Bros. 3, Chubby Cherub and Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout on my Nintendo Entertainment System. I didn't know how to play those games when I was little and I would always get a game over early on in the game... I later got a Nintendo 64 and a Game Boy when I was around 3-4 years old and I stopped playing my NES.

I still have my N64 and Game Boy(I even still play them every once in a while), but my parents got rid of my NES around 10 years ago because I stopped using it Sad
Thanked by:
Oh yay, more threads about sharing the intimate details of our personal lives!

Hahah, sorry. Feeling oddly rambunctious right now. Late night crazies, maybe. Anyway, where do I begin?
Started with those kid games, like ones by Fisher Price, on our old Win...98? Yeah, I think it was a 98. I loved that computer. We apparently had an NES for a while, and the games I specifically remember are Kirby's Adventure, Mario Bros., and...some Bugs Bunny game. Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout, or something.

The latter game traumatized me. If you asked me why today, looking back I would not have any idea. Maybe the image that popped up on screen just looked scary in my little-kid mind (It's actually kinda a cute game). Anyway, the game over screen (which, oddly, is not shown in TSR's sprite archive for that game) gave me nightmares for...maybe five or so years? A long time. It was just his facial expression I guess.

My most fond memory was when I first got a PS1. Spyro the Dragon. That was my freaking passion. I still love that game (and the next two titles to come out after that). I still am fond of Spyro...well, kinda. Just not a big fan of Skylanders. I love the concept, I guess it's just too expensive and media-sensationalized. I'm hoping that they'll pass him off to another gaming company soon. Spyro seems to be quite a "hot potato," constantly being passed around. Like STDs.
I'm sorry. That had to be said.
[Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man
(02-21-2014, 11:53 PM)Speed-X Wrote: Spyro seems to be quite a "hot potato," constantly being passed around. Like STDs.
I'm sorry. That had to be said.

Spyro The Dragons
Thanked by: Speed-X, Helmo, Zadaben, Maxpphire
Sengirbug: mother of god

I can't believe I didn't notice that! If it weren't for everyone being asleep I would have burst out into a fit of laughter.
[Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by: Sengir
First thing i remember, was my parents had an Atari 2600 with game like Rampage, Crossbow, Pitfall, and the ill-fated port of Pac-man.
Besides that, my dad had an old MS DOS computer back when internet didn't have graphics yet. Way back when i wasn't in school yet.
He had games like Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, DooM, and a few obscurities like Jack Nicklaus' Unlimited Golf & Course Design.
There were times me and my two brothers would go to friends' houses to play on either their NES, SNES or Mega Drive.
One neighbour had a Commodore Amiga, first game i remember was Team17's Superfrog. (Frustrating game, that was)

We still have the 2600, plus a Super Nintendo we got one Christmas back in 1995. With Killer Instinct as our first game for it.
And i like hunting down DOS games for DOSBox online. Even for ones i never heard of.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
Despite my mom and my brother having an Atari 2600 before I was officially born, my earliest gaming memory was Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt, which was the Zapper bundle for the Nintendo Entertainment System. =)
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Thanked by:
i remember my brother having a n64. he played ocarina of time, conker, and kirby (i remember erasing his kirby files eheheh). i really wanted to play games, so he gave me his game boy advance. it was a see thru game boy, and i had memories of playing kirby atam and pokemon blue.

good times had
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
Beating the first 3 sonic games and Sonic and Knuckles when I was like 3 years old.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
AH, I just remembered: When I was a kid my dentist's office had a console set up that had Sonic & Knuckles in it. That was the first time I'd seen/played a Sonic game, it was pretty darn cool. it made waiting much more tolerable and it even made it hard to want to leave. aha
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by:
first game i've ever played was either pokemon yellow or contra
can't remember which was played first, but i remember both being so fun and addicting
[Image: sig.php?user=Psycho]
XBOX: snailegacy || PSN : dyXribo
Thanked by: Gors
Contra is the shit
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Well I was four when I played Super Mario Bros. 3.

Thanked by: