[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
AFS extract Help (Xbox360)
Hello i'm in need of assistance and i'm a noob. I've gotten as far as I have from searching google, mostly, and reading the few tutorials I could find over the internet. YT is a big help aswell. ,... I'm trying to extract models & view the animations of DBZ:UT, because I think the graphics are cool and would be nice to see the models. ^^

I have extracted the ISO successfully, but its the .AFS file I need help with extracting.

I used AFS Explorer and AFS Extract and both gave me files that look like this:

File name: battl (no extension)
[Image: batt.png]
-------------------------------------------------

This is the .AFS file i'm trying to extract:

st_pack_battle_character_pt_x360.afs

All help will be greatly appreciated. Genki ^_^

Thanked by:
The files should be fine, but they're obviously unnamed which poses a problem for identifying them since there are quite a lot of them. I think there are ways to get the filenames, but at the very least you can identify their formats and sometimes what they are exactly by using a hex editor on them after extracting the files. From there, if you find say an animation or model you can use the approximate size from it, say 6 MB for a model file, and then extract files based on that, give or take a few MB.

Obviously if you can find a way to get your program to read the file list for the afs that would help you out a lot, but I can't help you with that unfortunately. Sad
Thanked by:
Thanks for the helpful reply. ^^
ah I remember reading some where about using hex editors, but I didn't think i'd need it lol. I was wrong Sad
Sadly im not a coder, but I won't let that be a hinder. I'm gonna read and research into hex editing and see what I can dig up on google and hopefully learn on the way. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(10-31-2011, 07:47 PM)inspiredgurl Wrote: Thanks for the helpful reply. ^^
ah I remember reading some where about using hex editors, but I didn't think i'd need it lol. I was wrong Sad
Sadly im not a coder, but I won't let that be a hinder. I'm gonna read and research into hex editing and see what I can dig up on google and hopefully learn on the way. Big Grin

This may be a good hex editor. It's called HxD and it's free. Smile
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
Thanked by:
Thank you so much for the link. ^^
I will check it out. Big Grin
[Image: carroll.gif]
Thanked by: