The VG Resource

Full Version: AFS extract Help (Xbox360)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i'm in need of assistance and i'm a noob. I've gotten as far as I have from searching google, mostly, and reading the few tutorials I could find over the internet. YT is a big help aswell. ,... I'm trying to extract models & view the animations of DBZ:UT, because I think the graphics are cool and would be nice to see the models. ^^

I have extracted the ISO successfully, but its the .AFS file I need help with extracting.

I used AFS Explorer and AFS Extract and both gave me files that look like this:

File name: battl (no extension)
[Image: batt.png]
-------------------------------------------------

This is the .AFS file i'm trying to extract:

st_pack_battle_character_pt_x360.afs

All help will be greatly appreciated. Genki ^_^

The files should be fine, but they're obviously unnamed which poses a problem for identifying them since there are quite a lot of them. I think there are ways to get the filenames, but at the very least you can identify their formats and sometimes what they are exactly by using a hex editor on them after extracting the files. From there, if you find say an animation or model you can use the approximate size from it, say 6 MB for a model file, and then extract files based on that, give or take a few MB.

Obviously if you can find a way to get your program to read the file list for the afs that would help you out a lot, but I can't help you with that unfortunately. Sad
Thanks for the helpful reply. ^^
ah I remember reading some where about using hex editors, but I didn't think i'd need it lol. I was wrong Sad
Sadly im not a coder, but I won't let that be a hinder. I'm gonna read and research into hex editing and see what I can dig up on google and hopefully learn on the way. Big Grin
(10-31-2011, 07:47 PM)inspiredgurl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the helpful reply. ^^
ah I remember reading some where about using hex editors, but I didn't think i'd need it lol. I was wrong Sad
Sadly im not a coder, but I won't let that be a hinder. I'm gonna read and research into hex editing and see what I can dig up on google and hopefully learn on the way. Big Grin

This may be a good hex editor. It's called HxD and it's free. Smile
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
Thank you so much for the link. ^^
I will check it out. Big Grin